Bluetooth Issues

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have issues linking the Infuse tothe Audi MMI. The short story is the connection drops and can't be restored until the Infuse is rebooted. During one of these dead periods I tried to pair the boss lady's iPhone and it paired right up as did the Infuse after a reboot. I'm starting to think it is a phone issue rather than a car issue. Anyone seeing anything like this? :(

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Did some more investigation of the problem today. Called AT&T Enhanced Support and was told that Bluetooth issues are a known problem with Samsung, not just the Infuse. They told me that an update would be coming from Samsung.

Then I called Samsung support, after trying to deal with someone on the chat support that had a hard time, and found someone who was not so knowledgeable and had to be explained why I would have a Bluetooth connection to something other than a jawbone or other speaker device. Had a hard time comprehending a universal bluetooth connection to a car. Anyhow, I tried to verify the information received from AT&T and was told "they must be lying because we don't have trouble with Bluetooth and if you like you can send your phone in for inspection or just do a reset".

So there you have it folks, Samsung customer service at its finest hour. AT&T also told me the official Gingerbread release would be out before the end of December.

renim

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had similar issues when pairing with my ford sync system as well. The trick to get it to remain connected was to disable automatic phonebook download. Once I did that my phone retains bluetooth connection with sync for longer periods. You might want to see if there is a similar setting in Audis mmi interface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. The Audi MMI doesn't have such a setting that I could find. It seems to always update the directory at every start, but I will pay some attention to the symbology while this is going on. I noticed tonigt that during the update, the phone vibrated twice and then the connection dropped right after start during the directory update.

I have also discovered that stopping the Bluetooth and then restarting it most of the time re-esrablishes the connection which then usually stays ntil the next start which of course could coincide with the next directory update.

Very strange these Gremlins

gunshy21

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I am a new user of the infuse 4g, can anyone tell me how to do voice dialing using a bluetooth? INfact this is my first smartphone.... thank you :(

renim

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. The Audi MMI doesn't have such a setting that I could find. It seems to always update the directory at every start, but I will pay some attention to the symbology while this is going on. I noticed tonigt that during the update, the phone vibrated twice and then the connection dropped right after start during the directory update.

I have also discovered that stopping the Bluetooth and then restarting it most of the time re-esrablishes the connection which then usually stays ntil the next start which of course could coincide with the next directory update.

Very strange these Gremlins

Yeah, that's exactly what I experienced before I disabled automatic phonebook download. 8 times out of 10 the phone would disconnect ~2 minutes after initial connection and it wouldn't reconnect unless I restarted the phone, the car or both. My infuse still disconnects sometimes but far less frequently. Right now 8 times out of 10 it will stay connected and only have issues occasionally. Waiting on gingerbread to fix this issue (not sure if the existing custom roms for the infuse can fix this but might be worth a try in your case).

I am a new user of the infuse 4g, can anyone tell me how to do voice dialing using a bluetooth? INfact this is my first smartphone.... thank you :(

With what are you trying to pair the phone with? The device/system you want the voice dialing to work with will have specific instructions on how to connect/pair your phone.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
[QUOTE=miner;1435481 Right now 8 times out of 10 it will stay connected and only have issues occasionally. Waiting on gingerbread to fix this issue (not sure if the existing custom roms for the infuse can fix this but might be worth a try in your case).

Your symptoms and mine seem to be in synch, excuse the pun, so I also think that I will wait for Gingerbread which the AT&T person told me will be out before the end of December.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site

The Infuse with Froyo does not come with a voise dialing app. Go to the Market Place and download Choice Dialer.

There's a trial and a paid version. The trial version will ALWAYS allow voice dialing. The trial part is only for the advanced features.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The Infuse with Froyo does not come with a voise dialing app. Go to the Market Place and download Choice Dialer.

There's a trial and a paid version. The trial version will ALWAYS allow voice dialing. The trial part is only for the advanced features.

Depending on the car you are pairing with, that device controls the voice dialing, not the phone.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
After several days of playing around I have come to the conclusion that the car is just too busy booting everything up to keep the connection, and once it drops, for some reason the car thinks it is still connected to it won't make a new connection until you turn the bluetooth off and then back on. In conjunction with this I have tried turning my bluetooth off before I get to the car, and then giving the car a couple of minutes to boot everything else I turn the bluetooth on and it connects and holds it for the duration of the trip with no issues. Maybe Gingerbread will do something when it comes out, but I don't think so. Something needs to be done to the car's software so it will retry to connect after the connection drops.

capecodcardo

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
We can put a man on the moon, we can make cel phones that do video chat, but this #%@X@!*$^ Samsung Infuse can't be recognized by my PC without installing that piece of S__T Kies software. It's a simple connection to flash memory. Can't they get it right? So I guess I'm stuck with pulling the micro SD and putting it in an adapter, and then sticking the adapter in a USB port, right?

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
You don't need Kies installed. All you need are samsung drivers which are available free.

Next, how can you blame Samsung? Drivers are an OS's way of talking to devices. If the correct drivers do not come with your prefered OS, then you have to download and install them.

In the early days of computing, the only drivers that came with an OS were for the Keyboard and Monitor and then when the mouse arrived it was also included. Other then that, you had to find or write your own drivers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred