Bluetooth pairing trouble?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems pairing their pixel 7 to their car audio system? I don't have Android auto and my car is about 10 years old, but I've never had an issue with any other phone including two other pixels. Now it seems to be an issue. It paired the first time then wouldn't play anything. So I deleted the pairing and try it again and it wouldn't pair at all. I don't think I missed anything in the process as it's pretty straightforward.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Paired to my 2021 Outback without a problem! Yes, the vehicle has AA, but I paired the BT before I connected the cable for AA.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
After you pair it, go to Settings>Connected Devices, tap the gear icon next to the car stereo, and make sure Media Audio is toggled on.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
There are some folks with Jabra Bluetooth earbuds (myself included, but I never had any intention of using my Jabra buds with this phone, long story) that have trouble pairing their buds with the phone. They get the buds in pairing mode but the phone never shows them in the pairing menu.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I rebooted the phone and I got it to pair again, checked media audio. It is toggled on. I'm trying to remain optimistic that it will stay paired but the past couple of times it would lose the connection and I'd have to try and repair every time I wanted to use it. I'm hoping I don't have to reboot the phone every time. Thanks for all the input!

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
There are some folks with Jabra Bluetooth earbuds (myself included, but I never had any intention of using my Jabra buds with this phone, long story) that have trouble pairing their buds with the phone. They get the buds in pairing mode but the phone never shows them in the pairing menu.
No issues with my EA 65t's, nor my '15 Ford Sync2 in the car.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
@cbreze did you ever get it working? The person in the Reddit thread I was reading said they restarted their Bluetooth service (how? just by cycling the Bluetooth off/on?) and were able to get their device paired.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
@hallux toggling Bluetooth on and off didn't do any good for me. What appeared to work at least for now was a reboot of the phone. Have used it a couple of times since the reboot and so far so good. I can handle a fail once in a while, but if it's going to do it on a regular basis that wouldn't be anything but annoying so I'm hoping for success!

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I hope Bluetooth continues to work correctly for those that had problems.

I had no issues pairing my P7 to UConnect in my '21 Jeep Cherokee.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I just paired my 7P w/ my 2012 Mazda 3 w/o issues. It even has track info!! I haven't had track info since...... hell, my S10?

I am far too excited about this lol.

Can't get my Fitbit Charge 4 to pair though. That's a strange one I have to figure out

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I just paired my 7P w/ my 2012 Mazda 3 w/o issues. It even has track info!! I haven't had track info since...... hell, my S10?

I am far too excited about this lol.

Can't get my Fitbit Charge 4 to pair though. That's a strange one I have to figure out

Fitbits always fought pairing with anything... at least they did for me. Their forums were filled with pairing issues :-\ One thing I learned was if your device pairs well with the current app on your phone, DO NOT update the app. Turn off auto updates for that app ;)

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Fitbits always fought pairing with anything... at least they did for me. Their forums were filled with pairing issues :-\ One thing I learned was if your device pairs well with the current app on your phone, DO NOT update the app. Turn off auto updates for that app ;)

Good to know lol. I finally got it working by going into the app and deleting the data, cache, and starting from scratch. Worked like a charm after that