Bluetooth woes

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Got my GSII before Xmas and generally love it. However I have had some minor issues with the Bluetooth working with my car. I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee which works fine with my Nexus S and HTC Glacier. But once I connected this phone everyone's mobile number is now imported by the jeep as a pager. No biggie really I can live with that.

The real problem is that occasionally the phone and jeep just won't connect automatically when I start her up. In these cases when I try to connect manually via the jeep I get a "pairing unsuccessful" message. And when I try to connect manually via the phone it just sits there saying "connecting" but nothing happens. When this happens I've tried to power cycle the BT radio but it just seems to get hung up and the radio won't respond. Usually the only thing I can do is power cycle the phone then it will work normally and connect to the jeep instantly. This doesn't happen every time but does occur a couple of times a week and usually always when I need to make a quick call and don't have time to waste. It's frustrating because it then takes quite a few minutes to try to connect manually and power cycle the phone. Also its not safe to do this while driving which I end up doing anyway.

Anyone else seeing similar issues?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

dannytroy

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have absolutely no problem connecting to my Chevy Volt. I'd bet the problem is with your car and not the phone. Weird that it would work fine with your other phones though. If possible, try another phone with BT, and see if you have the same issues.

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'll check jeepgarage first but I'm also a member of jeepforum. However I don't believe this is an issue with the jeep since my Nexus S running gingerbread works fine with the jeep. This must have something to do with touchwiz.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Similar hiccups in my 2011 kia soul. But I find I have to connect it vt having Bluetooth turned.on phone then start car and pair instantly. But if I do a voice.command on my.car itself the Bluetooth is still.connected.but no sound from my music player. No bigge.really it.connects afterwards so its cool just a minor annoyance

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

dclig10

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Please help.....

So I recently purchased the GSII.... I drive a 2011 Toyota Camry... The phone and audio player link up as soon as I turn on the car, but when i attempt to play music through the audio player ( such as pandora) no music is relayed through the car speakers. I previously had the original galaxy s and it worked fine.... any suggestions?

CorryWan

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I, too, am having problems with the GSII losing or corrupting its bluetooth credentials with my 2010 Kia Soul Exclaim. And the problem is with the phone, not the car audio system.

About once a week the phone and car audio refuse to connect. The only fix is to delete the phone's profile from the car, delete the car's profile from the phone, then re-pair the two.

I'm positive that it's not a problem with the car audio system. My Galaxy S (AT&T Captivate), iPhone 4, and Motorola Atrix all work fine.

I'm hoping that the pending upgrade to Android 4.0.x will address the issue. If not, I'll root the phone and replace the BT stack with something a bit more car-audiio friendly.

DSLAM

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My sister has the same type of problem with her GSII and her Lexus. I've heard Blutooth and cars are often finicky. I dont understand why manufacturers cant just stick to the standards. Who knows who is at fault.