Bonsai v4.0.1 based on Froyo EC05!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdog421

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was using true blue's method over at xda because it seemed the easiest and most legit... well whenever i boot into whatever mode by holding camera, vol down, and power all at the same time I can't get it to install zip or select any of the options... its blue of course cause it is still stock

Read more is what I suggest;-)

This is the clockworkmod you want if you have an epic4G and want ext4[MOD][One Click Root] Clockwork Mod version 3.0.0.5/6 - UPDATED FOR EB13! - xda-developers

Hint; If you have bonsai or SRF on your sdcard, once it converts you flash your rom and are good to go, no need for the dual rfs/ext4 kernel. Also instructions for installing cwm3 are here on AC. I encourage you to read more before jumping straight into ext4.

khughes6

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Read more is what I suggest;-)

This is the clockworkmod you want if you have an epic4G and want ext4[MOD][One Click Root] Clockwork Mod version 3.0.0.5/6 - UPDATED FOR EB13! - xda-developers

Hint; If you have bonsai or SRF on your sdcard, once it converts you flash your rom and are good to go, no need for the dual rfs/ext4 kernel. Also instructions for installing cwm3 are here on AC. I encourage you to read more before jumping straight into ext4.

after re looking at the directions I remember I didn't do what I said earlier, I ran the .bat file because i'm on windows... I extracted the files into a folder but then still had to double click on the one that was initially downloaded to find the .bat file because only .sh was available. When I did that the black box showed up and I pushed any key to continue, then it said the .arm file was missing

jerseykat1

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
So i have tried syndicate rom frozen all versions to date, and bonsai 4.00. So far This rom has worked without error since installation. I cant say the same for SRF, SRF is a good rom but it has its flaws.

I am using the baked snack kernal 1.2low with this rom.

fab5valentine

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
To try the Bonsai ROM, if I'm currently running Baked Snack 2.3 EB13 ROM with 1.2low EC05 Kernel. Do I just flash Bonsai 4.0, or do I need to insatall the EC05 modem with Odin?? Thanks!!!!!!!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
To try the Bonsai ROM, if I'm currently running Baked Snack 2.3 EB13 ROM with 1.2low EC05 Kernel. Do I just flash Bonsai 4.0, or do I need to insatall the EC05 modem with Odin?? Thanks!!!!!!!!
I believe Bonsai 4.0 actually has the modem update built into it.. The install script will automatically detect if you need the modem and update it.

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I believe Bonsai 4.0 actually has the modem update built into it.. The install script will automatically detect if you need the modem and update it.

But if you liked the BS kernel, you'd have to reflash that after installing the Bonsai ROM because Bonsai has it's own kernel... just fyi...

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
For 4.0.1 is this a simple flash over 4.0.0? Will it retain all data and system settings, or will portions/all be wiped? I was on the Bonsai site and unless I was looking in the wrong place, did not see anything re install instructions...

jjayr41

May 17, 2010
Visit site
For 4.0.1 is this a simple flash over 4.0.0? Will it retain all data and system settings, or will portions/all be wiped? I was on the Bonsai site and unless I was looking in the wrong place, did not see anything re install instructions...

Yeah just a simple flash in CWM...just like the 4.0 install, all my data and settings are retained =)..only thing I had to restore was the clock on the notification bar.

Reactions: a_c_s

freality

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
This rom has been great. One minor nitpick is the default internet browser force closes. Not a huge deal since I use Opera mobile, but sometimes my searches try to use it.

Here's what I get: "Sorry! The application Internet (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I've tried clearing data to no avail. Anyone else run into this?

EDIT: Fixed. Root Explorer to rename my data/data/com.android.browser folder, reboot to let the system recreate from scratch, default browser now works.

Last edited:

a_c_s

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
This rom has been great. One minor nitpick is the default internet browser force closes. Not a huge deal since I use Opera mobile, but sometimes my searches try to use it.

Here's what I get: "Sorry! The application Internet (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I've tried clearing data to no avail. Anyone else run into this?

EDIT: Fixed. Root Explorer to rename my data/data/com.android.browser folder, reboot to let the system recreate from scratch, default browser now works.

I just tried my stock browser and it appears to be working fine... I also get a popup box whenever something needs to launch a browser, giving me the options of stock, opera mini or dolphin... you can check the box and make one the default, but I prefer the popup, as different sites work better in different browsers...

Status
Not open for further replies.