Boot logo looping. Help please.

hyudryu

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, yesterday I rooted my phone using "Super1click" and it went well. Today, I was just listening to music, and then my phone rebooted and now it gets stuck on the "AT&T Rethink possible" screen and it keeps looping. Since I have been using iOS for the past 4 years, I am pretty new to Android. What can I do to "restore" the phone like I would ro restore an iPhone?
Here's an video of what my phone does.LG thrill problem - YouTube
I have no clue what to do at this point :(

gnosishunter

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue yesterday.
I installed "Absolute System" and tried to change my fonts, something I've done numerous times on my rooted Optimus M with no issues.
First thing in the morning, this left me with a repetitive AT&T boot animation.

I fixed it this morning by booting into recovery and wiping everything.

You can do this on your LG Thrill by pressing the following buttons in unison from Power Off:
3D + Volume Down + Power
Release the buttons after it vibrates for you. Yes, she' still alive, she purrs for you.
Wipe everything and reboot. Mine didn't reboot, so I had to hold Power again until she woke up.
Now the phone is factory fresh again.

If anybody wants to try each wipe option individually, or gets a different result than I did, please share for everybody else fighting this boot loop!
Happy Hacking, and good luck!

Last edited:

andreamac

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I am having the same problem. It keeps getting stuck on the At&t boot screen and I don't know what else to do. I have tried the hard reset, but it didn't fix anything. Then I tried every option the Android System Recovery gave me, but nothing has worked and my phone still gets stuck on that screen. Anyone else have any ideas on what else I can do to save my phone? :'(

Paintpro1

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Even on an un-rooted Thrill I am getting the boot-loop boogy as well... I can hard-reset and restore, but getting kinda tired of it and it is still a un-touched phone. After reading some of this I am even more than skiddish about rooting this thing as I was hoping a root would help FIX not create this issue... Does anyone from LG frequent this site?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha