Bought a used HTC One that has a ROM flashed. How do I flash it back to stock?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have never used the AIO kit before so I cannot comment on that. Relocking the bootloader is painfully easy, though, you just don't need to use any kits.

Boot into bootloader (keep holding power and volume down buttons until you get to botlooader), choose Fastboot and make sure it says FASTBOOT USB, plug the USB cable into your computer and then in your device, open a command prompt window from your fastboot folder (hold SHIFT on keyboard and right click on mouse then choose Open command prompt window here). Type "fastboot devices" without the quotation marks, of course, and make sure your device is listed in the CMD prompt window. If it is, just type "fastboot oem lock" and reboot bootloader. Done.

mindchatter2013

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought a used HTC One last night from a guy on Craigslist. I met him at the AT&T store, and had an associate there check the phone to make sure it was ok. He gave the nod of approval, I handed over $380 cash, and took my phone home once it was activated.

Upon getting it home, I noticed there was a software update available, which required I connect to WiFi. So I tried. And the Wifi switch is stuck on "Turning On", but never finds any networks or anything.

So I called HTC. They had me do a test where I held down the power button, then the volume down switch for 2 seconds, then continue holding the power button. Eventually a screen popped up that read "**** TAMPERED", and "**** UNLOCKED". Upon relaying this to the woman at HTC, she told me my only option was to send it in to them to replace the motherboard, at a cost of $300.

Is there ANY way to simply reset this thing to a stock ROM, so that I can get regular updates and just be on Jelly Bean? I'm not at all familiar with this kind of thing, and was hoping someone on the forum might take pity upon me and let me know what my options are.

When I go into the Software Information screen in Settings this is what it says:

Android version - 4.1.2
HTC Sense version - 5.0
Software number - 1.26.502.15
HTC SDK API level - 5.12

Any help would be hugely appreciated - I simply don't know what (if any) options I have available to me.

Thanks!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought a used HTC One last night from a guy on Craigslist. I met him at the AT&T store, and had an associate there check the phone to make sure it was ok. He gave the nod of approval, I handed over $380 cash, and took my phone home once it was activated.

Upon getting it home, I noticed there was a software update available, which required I connect to WiFi. So I tried. And the Wifi switch is stuck on "Turning On", but never finds any networks or anything.

So I called HTC. They had me do a test where I held down the power button, then the volume down switch for 2 seconds, then continue holding the power button. Eventually a screen popped up that read "**** TAMPERED", and "**** UNLOCKED". Upon relaying this to the woman at HTC, she told me my only option was to send it in to them to replace the motherboard, at a cost of $300.

Is there ANY way to simply reset this thing to a stock ROM, so that I can get regular updates and just be on Jelly Bean? I'm not at all familiar with this kind of thing, and was hoping someone on the forum might take pity upon me and let me know what my options are.

When I go into the Software Information screen in Settings this is what it says:

Android version - 4.1.2
HTC Sense version - 5.0
Software number - 1.26.502.15
HTC SDK API level - 5.12

Any help would be hugely appreciated - I simply don't know what (if any) options I have available to me.

Thanks!
It is only the bootloader is unlocked and do not send it to HTC.
Can you start the phone back up the way htc had yo do it. Under the the UNLOCKED can post what else it has. like

PVT SHIP S-ON/OFF
HBOOT Version

with the volume you can scroll through the menu at the bottom. scroll to HBOOt hit the power scroll to recovery hit the power and post what the screen looks like

SebasAVA

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
HELP

Hello everyone I'm new here, I have a HTC ONE at&t sim unlocked, I live in Latin America and the update is not available, is there any way to update it? I love sense and I do not want to get rid of it...

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien