Bought Xoom LTE from Daily Steals on Thursday Sept 23rd. Anybody's ship yet?

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Daily Steals Xoom LTE a week ago Thursday the 13th (can't change my wrong title to this post). ( https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...al%2F3916%2FMotorola-XOOM-10.1&token=iEfkulLj ) Got the confirmation email right after that then nothing since. Order still shows as 'open.' It still hasn't shipped yet. I know they say up to 6 business days, which was yesterday. I emailed them but no response yet.

Anybody order one last Thursday and have it ship yet?

Last edited:

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine just now. I hope it arrives quickly. I am amazed at how cheap the accessories are for this thing now. Hopefully it will be speedy enough that I won't get aggravated.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I too got an email response. Said they were closed most of last week for Rosh Hashanah and would ship it this week. I got the tracking number yesterday.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Activity on the Xoom Sub-forum seems to have dwindled quite a bit. Surprising, as its the only Google AOSP 10" tablet.

It seems that the EOS ROM is the most popular, I plan on overclocking to ~1.5 to get the tablet speedy enough for smooth transitions.

Cant wait.

I also picked up a sleeve and some screen protectors.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
^Let me know how you like that. I do want to get a case at some point. I saw the OEM Motorola version of that and it's ~$5, but I've seen reviews saying it scratches the Xoom. o_O

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
That's specifically why I got this one versus the official one. Don't want to scratch the tablet sides. I'll post back how it is one I get the Xoom.

jeffreykmc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
here, let me spoil the surprise for you - they are MOST DEFINITELY used.

I ordered this with some skepticism based on other site reviews I saw. Mine came today, brown box (as expected). I opened it and was immediately suspicious. Sure enough - back of tablet has a pock mark, sides of the tablet are most definitely scratched. No way this would fool anyone thinking it was new. Going to email them now and see what they say. Bastards. Sometimes the Internet is right.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
And you ordered the 'new' LTE one from two weeks ago, not the 'refurbished WiFi' one from a month or so ago?

Last edited:

jeffreykmc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Steve, that is correct. Ordered the day this deal was like on the 13th. I specifically ordered that one because it was 'new'. There is no doubt from looking at this thing for 3 seconds that it is obviously used.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Steve, that is correct. Ordered the day this deal was like on the 13th. I specifically ordered that one because it was 'new'. There is no doubt from looking at this thing for 3 seconds that it is obviously used.

Sigh....

OK, please update us to let us know what they say. Mine's not due to be delivered until Friday.

jeffreykmc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Will do. I re-checked the listing from above JUST to make sure I read everything correctly when it was live and certainly I/we did. Interested to see what they say, considering it is listed as new and this one definitely is not. Not even close. If it was close, maybe I could deal.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Will do. I re-checked the listing from above JUST to make sure I read everything correctly when it was live and certainly I/we did. Interested to see what they say, considering it is listed as new and this one definitely is not. Not even close. If it was close, maybe I could deal.

I too just checked the ad to make sure they didn't change it from 'new' and 'white box.' Let's hope they're cool.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine. Came in a UPS shipping box with the brown box inside. In the box was the tablet and power cord. That's it. No docs, no getting started guide. Tab was covered with kind of a sketchy plastic adhesive screen/back covers. Definitely didn't look new. .

But, it is clean on the exterior. Not saying it's brand new (I doubt it) but mine looks good enough that I'm not going to argue or complain. That said, I haven't powered it up yet as I'm charging first.

Any word from DS about yours?

caddy197

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I received mine yesterday. It was also in a UPS box with a brown box inside. Mine had the power cord, tablet and a usb cable. Had the sticky film all on it. Mine looks new and when i turned it on, I went thru 3-4 updates. It did a couple incremental updates to honeycomb OS and then updated to ICS.

BTW......hopefully us new LTE owners will see Jelly Bean soon. Rumor was that Verizon signed off on the offical update, just a matter of when they push it out. If you root, you can install this JB OS now on your own. Its on XDA-Developers.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I have set the tab up after the ICS updates. Works fine. Put my Verizon LTE SIM card in from my thunderbolt and the 4g worked great. Happy so far...

jeffreykmc

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
to update, they asked first that I send pictures... so i did. i received a reply back today that offered a full refund, which I am going to take them up on. So I guess we will see how this goes.

i was actually surprised to be offered a refund, but i will take it. i am glad it worked out for everyone else in this thread. seems like i just was unlucky this go around. mine also had the tacky coverings, but the body was definitely well used.