lolreconlol

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Phone is 'bricked', and gets stuck on Samsung logo. How do I fix this? I'm trying to follow threads on how to get back to stock, but most of the links are dead - so if anyone can help, that would be great! When following some guides, I get the following error:

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CI500_VZW_EH03_GB_CM.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/003> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> param.lfs
<ID:0/003> Sbl.bin
<ID:0/003> boot.bin
<ID:0/003> recovery.bin
<ID:0/003> zImage
<ID:0/003> factoryfs.rfs
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/003> Removed!

Ataraxia212

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I am currently experiencing my own saga:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/189613-hard-brick-did-i-use-phone-button.html

...and it looks pretty hopeless for me, but instead of using ODIN, you could try Heimdall:

Heimdall ? Glass Echidna

Take the CI500_VZW_EH03_GB_CM.tar.md5 you're using and extract the contents to a folder with WinRAR:

WinRAR download and support: Download

You may need to open WinRAR and manually select the file. My version of WinRAR didn't associate with the .md5 extension. After you've got the individual components in a folder, open Heimdall frontend (prerequisite: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributables), install the driver, and populate the fields with the individual components of the package you extracted.

It didn't work for me. Maybe it will work for you. I'm not a developer and I'm kind of a noob, so I can't really tell you anything about what each component does. From what I've been able to tell, flashing just a kernel got me back to the Samsung logo from a hard brick, where you seem to be right now. Here is an ODIN/Heimdall guide you can use:

http://www.galaxyforums.net/forum/samsung-fascinate-hacking/2301-simple-step-step-odin-heimdall-recovery-how-unbrick-your-fascinate.html

Most of the links on that page are dead, but the one to the PIT file is not, which is good, because you'll need that, it's the only thing that won't extract out of your CI500_VZW_EH03_GB_CM.tar.md5 package.

Good luck.

Ataraxia212

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
So how did it go lolreconlol? Since my last posting I actually sucessfully un-bricked with heimdall. My problem seemed to be a bad/wrong cable I was flashing with. Just wondering if you had sucess as well. I hope so! :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leeuchytil