Broadcast to another room.

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
We have multiple mini's through out our house and the basement. Does anyone know if you can broadcast to a specific room instead of all of them?

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
A simple "Ok Google, broadcast..." ahead of your intended message will get it sent out through every Home in the house, much like a PA system.

Last edited by a moderator:

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
"Okay Google. How do you spell 'ridiculous'?" Ridiculous is spelled (and announced to all in the househould), R-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s.

Obviously, you are a talented speller. I'm envous...envious.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
"Okay Google. How do you spell 'ridiculous'?" Ridiculous is spelled (and announced to all in the househould), R-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s.

Obviously, you are a talented speller. I'm envous...envious.
When I ask my mini a question like that, it only answers on the one I'm talking to. The only time it broadcasts to all is if I give a Broadcast command. I'm not sure what's wrong with your setup there.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
When I ask my mini a question like that, it only answers on the one I'm talking to. The only time it broadcasts to all is if I give a Broadcast command. I'm not sure what's wrong with your setup there.

However, I'm asking my phone. The mini, in another room, takes over.

The point is, there needs to be two different activation words that work consistently.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
However, I'm asking my phone. The mini, in another room, takes over.

The point is, there needs to be two different activation words that work consistently.
Oh, I see. Yes, the Google Home will take over even when you ask your phone. All you can do for now when in proximity of a Google Home is hold the home button on your phone for Google Assistant instead of "OK Google". Particularly if you want more private results.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I see. Yes, the Google Home will take over even when you ask your phone. All you can do for now when in proximity of a Google Home is hold the home button on your phone for Google Assistant instead of "OK Google". Particularly if you want more private results.

Or unplug the mini.

Cute hound! Love those ears.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I just have "OK Google" shut off on my phone. It only works in Maps / Android Auto. Otherwise I just squeeze my Pixel to get my assistant on phone. If at home I just talk to one of my many Google Homes aloud without an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha