Broken Screen -- Free Replacement??

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my verizon powered Turbo a week ago and had heard of Motorola replacing the phone due to a broken screen. Apparently, this was true... Went in store on Tuesday afternoon, had "new" phone in mail Friday. They say it's hard to crack the Corning Ware gorilla glass, and they'll supply you with a replacement ONCE. If my screen breaks again, I'll have to pony up on insurance.

Posted via the Android Central App

You have to pony up on insurance before it breaks lol

Gorilla Glass cracks easily. I don't care what anyone says. It may be better than normal glass but its easy to crack during a drop.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife scratched her phone screen bad, literally, a week after we got them back in November. Almost cashed in the replacement then, but decided to hold off. Glad we did. She dropped her phone at the pool today and the screen cracked from top to bottom. She's going to the VZW store tomorrow to start the replacement process. Though, with at least another year in contract, I don't have high hopes for the well being of her replacement.

Quick question though: Has anyone found it better to go through Motorola direct for the replacement? Or is using Big Red good with similar results? TIA.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So, my wife went to a Big Red corporate store today to start the replacement process. The employees were obviously less than knowledgeable.
- They first told her it was an insurance claim, and insisted it be handled as such.
- After I shot that down via text, they tried to pass it off as a warranty that needed to be handled via Moto.
- Again, I shot that down via text. Finally, they actually checked the system and found the screen replacement warranty.

I can only imagine how many less aware customers they screw over simply because they aren't as well versed in their job as they should be.

My wife's factory refurb should be in tomorrow. Here's hoping it isn't a lemon.

speede541

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Reviving this old thread with a post-Lenovo update...

My launch-day Turbo couldn't stand up to my curious 6 year-old, and suffered a hairline crack.

I called 611 and asked about the free screen replacement. In less than 15 minutes and only one transfer to a different service rep, a refurb was being readied for complimentary 2-day delivery, along with a postage-paid return label for my current Turbo.

What's more, I purchased my device outright and am not under contract (grandfathered unlimited data plan), and the material I read lead me to believe this offer was only extended to owners under contract and/or making payments.

Best of all, my current phone has been suffering from low speaker volume and phantom screen presses, so I'm hopeful the refurbished device addresses both of those issues without presenting any new ones.

So, for absolutely zero dollars out-of-pocket, I remain on the road to two years of satisfactory ownership.

Smiley Mcmiley

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone actually figured it out because I've done everything suggested and I still can't find out how to get my screen replaced. I'd prefer not to spend money I don't have because I am too stupid to figure it out or because I was lied to.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone actually figured it out because I've done everything suggested and I still can't find out how to get my screen replaced. I'd prefer not to spend money I don't have because I am too stupid to figure it out or because I was lied to.

If you mean screen assurance, here is the FAQ: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../support/motorola-droid-turbo/&token=qn_azJF1

See number 3 and number 4:

How do I know if I'm eligible for Droid Turbo Screen Assurance?
With your purchase of a Droid Turbo, you are automatically eligible for Droid Turbo Screen Assurance*. The one time free screen repair eligibility lasts for a period of 2 years from the date of your purchase.

*The Screen Assurance program is not available for Droid Turbo in Blue Ballistic Nylon purchased at Best Buy.

How do I make a claim for Droid Turbo Screen Assurance?
To make your claim, you can either call into Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 or visit a Verizon Wireless retail store to order your replacement device.

So, if your Turbo was bought less than two years ago (since it came out October 30, 2014, it must be) and isn't the ballistic nylon version bought at Best Buy, you should be able to get the phone replaced.

kathstang

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Guys -- I dropped my turbo this morning and now I have a crack in the screen. :( I seem to remember something about 1 free screen replacement as a deal when they first came out. Is this true and how to I partake in this?

Thanks!
yes it is true they will replace the phone with a refurbished phone unfortunately

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz