Buds+ or other tws

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Those of you who have the buds+, in the gear app, does it show battery level of the case as well as the buds? When I first got the original buds, first thing i said was wish they put that in the app. i thought i saw a video somewhere of the battery level of the buds and case on the +'s

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine and can confirm that you can see battery % independently for each bud and the case.
Only just got them 1/2 an hour ago but like them a lot already and the blue colour is nice.

Last edited:

kaufmansm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Those of you who have the buds+, in the gear app, does it show battery level of the case as well as the buds? When I first got the original buds, first thing i said was wish they put that in the app. i thought i saw a video somewhere of the battery level of the buds and case on the +'s

yes it does.

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting on an upgrade to the IconX. I got the original Buds, but after using for 2 weeks couldn't fix or get used to the flat tinny sound - the IconX just have a much, much fuller sound for me. Add the stripped down controls, and the Buds are just a backup for me.

Better ear seal would certainly be an improvement, that was an issue for me with the Buds, but the minimal touch controls is also a pain. I like to be able to turn ambient noise on and off with a touch, and ALSO be able to control volume, play/pause/skip etc. without having to choose 1 control for each Bud.

I agree that was one big shortcoming on the Buds compared to the Icon X. However on the Buds+ app, there is a cool feature called Labs. Inside that setting is an option to "Double tap earbud edge" where you can double tap the edge of the left earbud to turn the volume down and double tap the edge of the right earbud to turn the volume up. I turned on this setting so that I can use the 'touch and hold' option for Ambient noise (left) and Voice Control (right).

I've found that this actually works surprisingly well thus far for. I can still use the tap, double-tap, triple-tap as normal for controls, long-hold to control Ambient noise or Voice control and then double tap the outside edge of either earbud to control the volume. Will see if it gets flaky, but so far so good.

For those curious, for me calls are a VAST improvement where the original Buds I'd disconnect them half the time for calls as people couldn't hear me or complained about how I sounded. In calls so far, everyone has said it didn't sound any different than when just using the phone.

I've been happy I upgraded.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
@justafew
I did the exact same setup with the controls and the volume tap works pretty well, I'll get better or more accurate using it but for day one I'm happy so far

isired

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I agree that was one big shortcoming on the Buds compared to the Icon X. However on the Buds+ app, there is a cool feature called Labs. Inside that setting is an option to "Double tap earbud edge" where you can double tap the edge of the left earbud to turn the volume down and double tap the edge of the right earbud to turn the volume up. I turned on this setting so that I can use the 'touch and hold' option for Ambient noise (left) and Voice Control (right).

I've found that this actually works surprisingly well thus far for. I can still use the tap, double-tap, triple-tap as normal for controls, long-hold to control Ambient noise or Voice control and then double tap the outside edge of either earbud to control the volume. Will see if it gets flaky, but so far so good.

For those curious, for me calls are a VAST improvement where the original Buds I'd disconnect them half the time for calls as people couldn't hear me or complained about how I sounded. In calls so far, everyone has said it didn't sound any different than when just using the phone.

I've been happy I upgraded.
Sounds good, think I'll give them a shot. I'm basically looking for IconX with wireless charging. Slimmer case a plus.

The swipe up / swipe down volume controls on the IconX are so intuitive and easy, I guess it's a hardware change that makes this not doable on the Buds.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep, see the attached image. Screenshot_20200228-175111_SmartThings.jpeg

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been debating between truly wireless buds for a while. I'm debating between the Jabra 75t, Buds+, and Sony XM3's.

Jasoneph

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I recently received a pair of Galaxy Buds+ to upgrade from my original Galaxy Buds. While the sound quality seems to be slightly better, the call quality is better and I'm sure the battery life is longer (haven't been able to test yet), I am quite disappointed in the quality of the charging case.

The hinge is smoother on the Buds+ case, but the plastic seems to be cheaper and the hinge/body of case make squeaking sounds when moved/pushed. Anyone else notice this? Wondering if I got a poorly manufactured unit...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan