Buy Nexus 10 now or wait for new generation ?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
It would be stupid for Google to announce a new nexus 10 device less than half a year after this one came out, it's gonna be a little while. If you want to get a new tablet, the time is now.

jwats1973

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Glad you enjoy it. The N10 is my first tablet too. Deciding if I want to root it is a huge dilemma. I really like the vanilla experience and the quick updates, but I am in love with the themed ROM (Wicked Sensations v2.0) that I have on my phone. So hard to decide.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
Why not just install the root toolkit at XDA? [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 [Updated 02/24/13] : Nexus 10 Thread - xda-developers VERY simple I/O. Just install the .exe, choose your device and it downloads everything you need drivers etc....Best thing is there is a backup/restore/Unlock/Relock/Root/Unroot...the options are amazing...no reason not to Root as far as I'm concerned.;)

When there is an update you just backup, Relock, unroot, update to 4.3 or whatever then restore backup. There is an awesome you-tube video linked with the toolkit.

mafu6

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
After a brief flirt with Microsoft Windows RT/8 devices I have made a return to my beloved Android. I have a Nexus 4 8GB very happy with that (who needs 16GB, when you have all the cloud options) and I have just ordered the Nexus 10 you guessed it 16GB (cloud storage the way ahead).

To answer the OP question, if you were going to get a Nexus 7 then my advice to you would be probably wait as a successor the the Nexus 7 will probably be announced at Google I/O 13. I don't think a Nexus 4/10 will have a successor until the Standard Novemeber time, though who knows all I generally can advise is don't wait for the next big thing otherwise you'll never buy anything!