Buying a Nexus 7 from Craigslist

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
ive had really bad experiences with second stuff so I wound not recommend buying it also there plenty of economy tabs(dunno about US) but there a few India, dunno about the US but they might be available there too. See, he might save 50$ or so now but what if it stops working in a month or a week, a brand new one will have warranty or else look at other options

In the US, the only reputable budget-priced tablets cheaper than the Nexus 7 are the non-HD Kindle Fire and maybe the Lenovo a2107 (which has a slow single-core processor). The really cheap ones, which are basically the no-name Chinese imports and are usually around $100 or less, are really not worth it. A friend gave me a "Superpad" a couple of years back, and it really is no better than a paperweight. The problems with these cheapo tablets often include:

1. Poor build quality with cheap plastic material.
2. Heavy.
3. Poor touchscreen performance.
4. Questionable or nonexistent warranty or tech support.
5. Poor battery life
6. Often don't have access to Google Play; instead have to rely on less reputable 3rd party app stores.

My feeling is that you're much better off getting a secondhand Nexus 7 than a brand new no-name device. It's worth looking into a non-HD Kindle Fire or Lenovo a2107, though.

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Tomorrow I am meeting a guy from Craiglist at a local starbucks to buy a Nexus 7 8gb for $160.
Can you give me any tips on how I should check the Nexus if everything is working properly. He says there are some cosmetic scratches on the things around the screen but not the actually screen.

yes, I'm also bringing a friend.

So, how did it go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia