Bye Bye M9

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to bash on something that I know is a fantastic well made device that suits my needs perfectly am I.

I honestly have no issues at all with battery life, I see no difference compared to my M8. This makes me care even less about any overheating issues which I personally haven't come across, the hottest it ever got was during initial setup and still then I would have happily sat it on my naked crotch.

The screen is pretty much exactly the same not for better or worse. I would have liked to see a size increase but it's no biggie.

The camera is an improvement over the M8 so nothing to complain about there. I will welcome any updates to further improve it but at this stage I'm happy.

The Boomsound is Boomsound, enough said.

The build quality is second to none and again an improvement over the M8 however I was completely in love with the evleaks render and was gutted when it didn't come to fruition.

Now explain to me how any of the above comments are unrealistic or worthy of HTC sponsor material - Adam

Can you list 1-3 things you personally do not like about the HTC M9?

Adam_ation

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Can you list 1-3 things you personally do not like about the HTC M9?
Hmm I can try....

Low light camera performance looks like it needs improvement (I havn't actually got round to taking many low light photos) and I guess OIS would be nice.

I'm happy this time around but I want too see new design language in the M10 (and a new naming scheme) having an FP sensor built into the screen would be epic.

The only thing I'm not totally keen on design wise for the M9 is the squircle camera lens - Adam

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm not going to bash on something that I know is a fantastic well made device that suits my needs perfectly am I.

I honestly have no issues at all with battery life, I see no difference compared to my M8. This makes me care even less about any overheating issues which I personally haven't come across, the hottest it ever got was during initial setup and still then I would have happily sat it on my naked crotch.

The screen is pretty much exactly the same not for better or worse. I would have liked to see a size increase but it's no biggie.

The camera is an improvement over the M8 so nothing to complain about there. I will welcome any updates to further improve it but at this stage I'm happy.

The build quality is second to none and again an improvement over the M8 however I was completely in love with the evleaks render and was gutted when it didn't come to fruition.

Now explain to me how any of the above comments are unrealistic or worthy of HTC sponsor material - Adam

You say the OP shouldn't have made the thread seeing as everything he complained about are already known issues many other users and critics have commented on...But then you say you have no issues with heat, battery life, or camera performance and that your findings cannot be disputed.

So either the issues or exist or they don't. Which one is it?

Topdown77027

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Went into the local AT&T store to get my hands on the M9 before my contract expires. Played around with it for about 10 minutes. The upside was that the phone was very snappy and responded well. Wasn't so impressed by the dual color exterior. Tried to take some simple pictures inside. Was able to get decent ones without a flash by manipulating the ISO and exposure manually.. automatic settings produced nothing worthwhile wherever I focused. Took about 10 pictures, taking time to review each and changing settings, adding flash, etc.
By that time I noticed the phone was heating up way more than my M7 would, under any circumstances.
I put the phone down and I'll be keeping my M7 and my money.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

The key phrase here is "suits my needs perfectly"

I've seen you respond to a post saying the camera isn't an issue because if you want a good photo you use your DSLR. As if that's a solution for everyone.

It doesn't suit everyones needs, and you don't seem to grasp that.

A new user signs up to the forum and says they are disappointed with a feature and you tell them they may have a defective unit!!
When you must know by now there are some aspects of this phone which are capable of performing atrociously.

I'm raising this point because your posts are becoming a detriment to Android Central. Pre-release it wasn't an issue, it was all just fun, rumours and speculation, but now people will join this forum for advice on their newly purchased unit and won't receive the unbiased advice they need.

Adam_ation

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
You say the OP shouldn't have made the thread seeing as everything he complained about are already known issues many other users and critics have commented on...But then you say you have no issues with heat, battery life, or camera performance and that your findings cannot be disputed.

So either the issues or exist or they don't. Which one is it?

Well my reason wasn't because everything was already said it was because it would have been suitable for one of the threads that was already created and a whole new thread wasn't really necessary.

My "findings cannot be disputed" comment was a sarcastic reply towards the OPs very same words. To say such things could not be disputed was rediculous when I'm having a very different experience with the device - Adam

Adam_ation

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
A new user signs up to the forum and says they are disappointed with a feature and you tell them they may have a defective unit!!
When you must know by now there are some aspects of this phone which are capable of performing atrociously.

That user was saying that the speakers were so quiet that they were almost useless, I most definitely stand by my suggestion that it sounded like a faulty unit.

For it to be that bad and not rule out a faulty unit would be plain idiocy.

I can assure everyone nothing on the M9 performs "atrociously" not even close, but I guess you would know right what with being an M9 owner yourself............ oh wait you don't even own the phone, typical backseat driver - Adam

edit.
I'm raising this point because your posts are becoming a detriment to Android Central

My Post to Thanks ratio compared to your Post to Thanks ratio suggests otherwise.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The key phrase here is "suits my needs perfectly"

I've seen you respond to a post saying the camera isn't an issue because if you want a good photo you use your DSLR. As if that's a solution for everyone.

It doesn't suit everyones needs, and you don't seem to grasp that.

I'm raising this point because your posts are becoming a detriment to Android Central. Pre-release it wasn't an issue, it was all just fun, rumours and speculation, but now people will join this forum for advice on their newly purchased unit and won't receive the unbiased advice they need.

How is his behavior any different than what you do? What things (if any) have you devoted your post to about the M9 that are favorable towards the device? Would a new user read your content and post, only to be lead to believe that there are no redeeming qualities about the M9? I'm not calling you out to demean you, but seriously, take a look at what you've contributed to the M9 forums and tell me how that is any different from what you are accusing Adam of doing. Even if you try to cover it all up under the guise of being unbiased, that doesn't hold weight due to the lack of content that focuses on the positive attributes of the M9. Also it didn't help that you loyally supported and encouraged a forum member who vigorously derided the M9 and was subsequently banned more than 5 times for it. If you did not have a grievance with that user who made it clear that they wanted to be disruptive and negative, why would you not give Adam the same courtesy? What does that say about how you contribute to the Android community by implicitly encouraging one behavior and explicitly condemning another? Also before you say that there were no positive reviews or qualities about the M9 for you to start topics about or comment about, don't. That was/is hardly the case. Try to look at it from both sides and examine your behavior before you chastise another member's to the detriment of your reputation. Again this isn't about calling you out , but let's be fair about this and realize that not everyone is as adamant about focusing on the bad as those who choose to focus on the good.

Posted via the Android Central App

strangelan16

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Am using a custom rom and one of the custom kernels from xda site and im getting 6 hours sot with about 16 hours battery in total but I use my phone all day at work for internet browsing messaging watching videos. I take it off charge at 8.30 am and when I go to bed around midnight I have about 10 % left . It gets me through a full day usage im very happy with my choice of m9

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How is his behavior any different than what you do? What things (if any) have you devoted your post to about the M9 that are favorable towards the device? Would a new user read your content and post, only to be lead to believe that there are no redeeming qualities about the M9? I'm not calling you out to demean you, but seriously, take a look at what you've contributed to the M9 forums and tell me how that is any different from what you are accusing Adam of doing. Even if you try to cover it all up under the guise of being unbiased, that doesn't hold weight due to the lack of content that focuses on the positive attributes of the M9. Also it didn't help that you loyally supported and encouraged a forum member who vigorously derided the M9 and was subsequently banned more than 5 times for it. If you did not have a grievance with that user who made it clear that they wanted to be disruptive and negative, why would you not give Adam the same courtesy? What does that say about how you contribute to the Android community by implicitly encouraging one behavior and explicitly condemning another? Also before you say that there were no positive reviews or qualities about the M9 for you to start topics about or comment about, don't. That was/is hardly the case. Try to look at it from both sides and examine your behavior before you chastise another member's to the detriment of your reputation. Again this isn't about calling you out , but let's be fair about this and realize that not everyone is as adamant about focusing on the bad as those who choose to focus on the good.

YEAH! WHAT HABIIB SAID

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Am using a custom rom and one of the custom kernels from xda site and im getting 6 hours sot with about 16 hours battery in total but I use my phone all day at work for internet browsing messaging watching videos. I take it off charge at 8.30 am and when I go to bed around midnight I have about 10 % left . It gets me through a full day usage im very happy with my choice of m9

That is sweet

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Dude just stop. It's painful.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
How's the battery life of the S6. Miss that part of the Z3 yet?

Yes man tbh... It's not horrible, but I don't see how others are getting 5 hours of screen time. I usually have to put the phone on the charger before the end of the day... Needless to say, the rest of the phone is amazing except for my battery experience

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
It's nice to read the positive things one sees in the M9 with all the bashing going on. True the M9 will not be for everybody but some will have a good experience and they have the right to share it, just as those with the bad experience. This forum use to be so nice, but not so much now. People are being drugged to filth for their opinions and or experience.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I can assure everyone nothing on the M9 performs "atrociously" not even close,

My Post to Thanks ratio compared to your Post to Thanks ratio suggests otherwise.

That is a complete and utter lie. Have you ever seen the 4K video quality for this phone? Its like a bad joke. Its the sheer definition of the word "atrocious". Don't just talk about aspects of the phone that you see applicable if you are criticizing the phone for not being bad in any area because I just gave you an area of which you probably don't care about that others may do that is seriously terrible on this expensive phone.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for starting a whole new thread to tell us this, you should have started every issue with "this has been said many times".

I have no issues whatsoever with heat or battery, and I've taken some fantastic shots with the camera. My findings are also facts and simple can't be disputed.... - Adam

You started a thread to inform everyone about the snapdragon overheating and that had been posted about 50 times on 50 different web sites, but yet you bash him because he starts a thread to share his experience?
.... ok .... guess if you start the thread it's all good... jus sayin

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Mendelli