Call Quality

cjb44

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I've narrowed my search for a new phone down to two devices the One X and Galaxy III and was curious what people thought of the quality of the phone itself.

I know it's old fashioned, but I still use my phone to make calls.

Anyone want to share their opinion good or bad?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I have used both on at&t and I can confidently say that the gs3 has better call quality. The earpiece is louder and clearer. I am very pleased with it so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

vedwardsiii

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I returned my one x for the SG3. Call quality on both were ok. Speaker on SG3 seamed to be able to be quite a bit louder in my opinion though.

Reactions: cjb44

cjb44

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Good point on the battery...all else being equal (it appears to be from what I'm reading) being able to swap out the battery when it dies in a year or so is a perk vs taking it to an ATT repair shop.

cr105

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Excellent call quality. I was talking to a friend on a cell this morning and I had perfect reception no cutting in and out at all.

Reactions: cjb44

cjb44

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone...I went ended up with the S III thanks to PCGuys...the removeable battery seemed to be the only difference. Now I have a month to decide if I made the right decision.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Btw, be aware that the $5 generic potentially exploding chinese batteries on eBay do not have the NFC chip. I splurged for the genuine Samsung $30 battery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: b0btech and cjb44

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Good point on the battery...all else being equal (it appears to be from what I'm reading) being able to swap out the battery when it dies in a year or so is a perk vs taking it to an ATT repair shop.

If the battery dies in a year its not a very good one.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Removable battery and micro sd card slot are the big reasons I waited and didn't get the one x.

Thats the main reason I didn't guy the one x.... it is a pretty sweet device though.... call quality is outstanding for me in the Dallas area... no dropped calls or static whatsoever... I say get the S3... you will not regret it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Call quality is excellent. Coming from a Blackberry it is noticeable clearer. Hard for me to believe because i always felt my blackberry was just great

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
oh don't forget that cool GSIII feature that allows you to call a contact from reading a SMS or while viewing the contact details just by raising the phone to your ear

i expect that feature to become an industry standard feature on devices going forward:D

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerry great for radiation and giving you a tumor.SIII has lowest radiation of most cell phones at .034 iPhone and BlackBerry 9700 around 1.1, bad.

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JT1981