Camera app in phone has suddenley stopped allowing me to save photos to sd card

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

This phone is running Nougat 7.0. I installed anSD card straight away for my photos. for 2 months it has been saving them to the SD. I take the photo and then manually move it to a titles SD card file. Everything was fun then suddenly I started getting a message after each photo that it cannot move to SD file when I go to move it. It wants to stay in internal storage. And if I go into the camera and switch it to store to SD card after I take a picture it says cannot save and won't save in internal storage, so I have to keep internal storage checked and then let google photos do a back up. All the files are intact that are already on the SD card and it's not out of storage space. My choice is to just save everything to Google photos and keep the card in for the pictures that already exist on it when I want to use them. Its very frustrating and started out of the blue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, how full is the card? If it shows that there is still plenty of space left, then the SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt. (Be aware that SD Insight might not work on all Nougat devices.)

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dfgfg