can anyone identify this weather widget?

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Yup. That is definitely it. It comes standard on the Droid Charge. It looks like it is a co-op design by Weatherbug and Yahoo for desktops, and then Samsung got in the mix somewhere.

It's apparently called "Weatherbug Clock", and is specifically designed for Touchwiz, not Blur.

More info on the widget here

More info here too!

Here is the APK, but you most likely won't be able to do anything with it...

Link to APK (halfway down page, posted by JarKar99)

I'm coming from the Charge. I didn't like the included Weatherbug widget. It gave the low and current temps for the day, but not the expected high temp. Kind of makes the widget a waste of time - especially if you check the weather at 7AM!! I switched to Beautiful Widgets from the market and love it. Just my two cents worth...

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yup. That is definitely it. It comes standard on the Droid Charge. It looks like it is a co-op design by Weatherbug and Yahoo for desktops, and then Samsung got in the mix somewhere.

Sorry, I don't see the similarities between these two. The Yahoo one and the WeatherBug on the Charge look like different efforts to me. Maybe there is a mode on the Charge's widget that looks like the Yahoo one, but I haven't seen it.

Either way, looks like it isn't a trivial effort to get it as a functional widget for the Bionic.

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I don't see the similarities between these two. The Yahoo one and the WeatherBug on the Charge look like different efforts to me. Maybe there is a mode on the Charge's widget that looks like the Yahoo one, but I haven't seen it.

Either way, looks like it isn't a trivial effort to get it as a functional widget for the Bionic.

I own the Charge and I don't see the similarities either. The market has better weather apps.

prizeferret

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

IIRC, there is. From the pics you posted, you see the Earth/clouds on the left side of the Change? Well, if you expanded into the 5-day, that ends up going where the sun/clouds are positioned in the Hyatt program. Keep in mind, that we are also looking at what is probably the Yahoo version on PC which was developed in at least 2007, and a version made for Samsung for the phone.

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
IIRC, there is. From the pics you posted, you see the Earth/clouds on the left side of the Change? Well, if you expanded into the 5-day, that ends up going where the sun/clouds are positioned in the Hyatt program. Keep in mind, that we are also looking at what is probably the Yahoo version on PC which was developed in at least 2007, and a version made for Samsung for the phone.

I just tried it on my Charge. I guess I would say yeah, sorta, kind of, if you hold it at just the right angle. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110