Can I fix a phone that got damaged due to short circuit?

Agent kyles

Nov 25, 2020
Visit site
I plugged my phone to charge and it started overheating. When I realized that the phone was so hot, I immediately unplugged the phone,removed the battery and opened the back of the phone for it to quickly cool down. I realized that the pins of the phone for the battery where somehow touching each other. After it cooled down I tried to turn on the phone but it didn't work. I fixed the battery pins and plugged the phone to charge then I tested the phone's battery pins with a voltmeter. But it didn't show any value. Please is there any way out?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
As already mentioned something on the motherboard probably fried, any component in the device could be shot.

Unfortunately you probably need a new phone and any data that wasn't backed up would be lost.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I plugged my phone to charge and it started overheating. When I realized that the phone was so hot, I immediately unplugged the phone,removed the battery and opened the back of the phone for it to quickly cool down. I realized that the pins of the phone for the battery where somehow touching each other. After it cooled down I tried to turn on the phone but it didn't work. I fixed the battery pins and plugged the phone to charge then I tested the phone's battery pins with a voltmeter. But it didn't show any value. Please is there any way out?
Which device? Did you get a overheat warning on the device?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell