Can I get some help rooting my S6 Edge?

Riley Brake

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Rooting my S6 Edge

So I'm looking at rooting my S6 edge. Ive never rooted an Android before but I have experience jailbreaking iPhones. The main reason I want to root is to delete the bloatware thats taking up precious space in my S6 since it doesn't have expandable memory. I also want a little more customization. Ive done a bit of research and came across pingpong root. I've heard this method doesn't trip Knox which as far as I know, as soon as its tripped, it can't be undone. One of my questions is that if I rooted via pingpong root, would I still be able to use Samsung Pay since Knox isn't tripped. Also, if I had to send my phone away for repairs/warranty work (of course I would remove the root first) would it be possible for Samsung to find out. Also can I update my OS over the air with pingpong (I know i will lose root if i upgrade). My main computer I'm going to be using is a Mac as well so I'm not sure if this causes any roadblocks. Any help would be appreciated.

neebi007

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Rooting my S6 Edge

So I'm looking at rooting my S6 edge. Ive never rooted an Android before but I have experience jailbreaking iPhones. The main reason I want to root is to delete the bloatware thats taking up precious space in my S6 since it doesn't have expandable memory. I also want a little more customization. Ive done a bit of research and came across pingpong root. I've heard this method doesn't trip Knox which as far as I know, as soon as its tripped, it can't be undone. One of my questions is that if I rooted via pingpong root, would I still be able to use Samsung Pay since Knox isn't tripped. Also, if I had to send my phone away for repairs/warranty work (of course I would remove the root first) would it be possible for Samsung to find out. Also can I update my OS over the air with pingpong (I know i will lose root if i upgrade). My main computer I'm going to be using is a Mac as well so I'm not sure if this causes any roadblocks. Any help would be appreciated.
Pingpong only works if you rom is still 5.0.2
If you have updated you can not downgrade so only option is installing engineering bootloader and then installing custom recovery and kernel (search xda for rooting without triping knox)
This way u will have twrp recovery installed and a rooted phone. You then can install any rom i.e. xtrostrlite 2.4 which does not have any bloat ware. And is awesome for battery.
If you wanna use samsung pay at later stage all you gota do is download stock rom and flash via odin. Installing complete stock rom does not trip knox but you can not install 5.0.2 rom once you have upgraded to 5.1.1.

Hope this helps.

×× SM-G925F ××
💥🔥👊💀👊🔥💥

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

So like above said, if you have 5.1.1 you're out of luck. And if you trip Knox you can NOT use Samsung pay as I'm sure you know. I am in this predicament myself

Posted via the Android Central App

Riley Brake

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

Ok so I'm still running 5.0.2. For some reason my phone says it's up to date. Anyways, my only problem is that I'm assuming when they release Samsung Pay its going to be part of a software update, rather than just releasing an app on the store. Now correct me of I'm wrong but once you root, you can't update the software without losing it. That means if I rooted now, Samsung Pay would be unavailable anyways unless I rerooted (If thats possible) on that later update. My biggest question is that, is it going to be possible to have Samsung Pay (when they release it) AND root, or do I have to pick one or the other?

neebi007

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Ok so I'm still running 5.0.2. For some reason my phone says it's up to date. Anyways, my only problem is that I'm assuming when they release Samsung Pay its going to be part of a software update, rather than just releasing an app on the store. Now correct me of I'm wrong but once you root, you can't update the software without losing it. That means if I rooted now, Samsung Pay would be unavailable anyways unless I rerooted (If thats possible) on that later update. My biggest question is that, is it going to be possible to have Samsung Pay (when they release it) AND root, or do I have to pick one or the other?
Samsung pay is not available for phones running custom status, means if u have root or anything custom on ur phone no samsung pay as it need to 100% sure that phone security is intact.
Android pay on the other hand may run with custom roms.
And i dont know wots the difference.
And one more thing the latest ver of s6 OS is 5.1.1 if your sayin no update avialable for ur 5.0.2, Check your phone status if its official.
Or u can always download latest stock firmware from sam mobile and install via odin.

×× SM-G925F ××
💥🔥👊💀👊🔥💥

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcweir