Can I make notification sound come through phone speakers when connected to bluetooth headphones?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When im at work and have my phone connected to my bluetooth speakers but the earbuds not in I am constantly missing messages because the sound plays through the earbuds. On my old S7 the phone would still play the sound. Can i do this with the 10e?

Yankee6

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
i didnt know i already had an account but I asked the question. Theres no settings to change audio only changing the order of how they appear or if it used to connect for calls or audio

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
i didnt know i already had an account but I asked the question. Theres no settings to change audio only changing the order of how they appear or if it used to connect for calls or audio
Hi , no problem .

You have a s10e ? If you like I can put in that forum see if you can get better help there ?

Yankee6

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
yes please. I tried this setting called seperate audio and picked my messaging app to play through the phone only but that didnt work either.

Yankee6

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
now it seems to be working with sound coming through both headphones and the phone but not sure it works all the time we will see tomorrow

noexit2323

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
It looks like I have FINALLY RESOLVED this issue for myself with a seemingly easy work-around. This involves simply installing Tasker. It's a paid app, but, given that it solves such an annoying problem for myself, it's definitely worth the small price.

It seems that in Android 11 only Ringer channel sounds are allowed to be played on BOTH an attached Bluetooth AND the phone speaker simultaneously.

To achieve "Notification" type sounds over both channels simultaneously first I copied (NOT MOVED) over the actual notifications sounds located in "Internal Storage\Notifications" into my Ringtones directory on my device: "Internal Storage\Ringtones". Now I can choose those same Notifications type Sounds as Ringtones.

Next I installed Tasker.

Since I have a separate Notification Sound for my spouse's text messages, I created a separate Tasker Profile for her Notifications:
"Received Text Any, %PNUM/Spouse" --> Task: Play Ringtone, Type: Ringer, Sound: Ding

Next, I created a Default Text Notification for all other contacts:
"Received Text Any, %SMSRF/!Spouse" --> Task: Play Ringtone, Type: Ringer, Sound: GoodNews

Then I even created a Notification to let me know the laundry was done:
Notification LG ThinQ --> Task: Play Ringtone, Type: Ringer, Sound: Piano

Hopefully this will help others as well.

Matt 5

Jan 15, 2022
Visit site
It looks like I have FINALLY RESOLVED this issue for myself with a seemingly easy work-around. This involves simply installing Tasker. It's a paid app, but, given that it solves such an annoying problem for myself, it's definitely worth the small price.

It seems that in Android 11 only Ringer channel sounds are allowed to be played on BOTH an attached Bluetooth AND the phone speaker simultaneously.

To achieve "Notification" type sounds over both channels simultaneously first I copied (NOT MOVED) over the actual notifications sounds located in "Internal Storage\Notifications" into my Ringtones directory on my device: "Internal Storage\Ringtones". Now I can choose those same Notifications type Sounds as Ringtones.

Next I installed Tasker.

Since I have a separate Notification Sound for my spouse's text messages, I created a separate Tasker Profile for her Notifications:
"Received Text Any, %PNUM/Spouse" --> Task: Play Ringtone, Type: Ringer, Sound: Ding

Next, I created a Default Text Notification for all other contacts:
"Received Text Any, %SMSRF/!Spouse" --> Task: Play Ringtone, Type: Ringer, Sound: GoodNews

Then I even created a Notification to let me know the laundry was done:
Notification LG ThinQ --> Task: Play Ringtone, Type: Ringer, Sound: Piano

Hopefully this will help others as well.

How do you import these scripts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirradical