Can I make the touch screen ignore a thumb?

A

AC Question

I like big phones; went from Note 2 to Note 4, now using S7 Edge and considering another Note. I've pretty much given up on one-hand controlling these, wich is fine. However, holding these phones can be annoying, and I feel like what I really want to do is hold it like I do anything else; with fingers on both sides, safely in place (sounds odd now that I read it). What I mean is, thumb on screen, 4 fingers on the back, safely lodged in my hand while I use the other hand to browse or whatever. Problem is that an extra finger on the screen prevents me using it, of course. If you've seen any of the Iron Man or Avengers movies, Tony Stark holds his fancy transparent phone the way I'm trying to describe, like a big cookie :)
QUESTION: Is there a way to make the phone ignore this extra finger so I can hold it comfortably the way I want, and still use the touch screen with other fingers? Now I feel I'm balancing the overpriced thing on a tiny moving pidestal wich it could fall off any moment should I press to hard on the screen or turn too quickly or something. If I wrap my fingers too tight on the edges, the bloody screen reacts..

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A finger is a finger to the phone - it can't distinguish between them.

I use an Otterbox on my phone (and have for a long time) - and can grip the phone tightly without any finger or thumb coming near the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyblack