Can I Remove the Bloatware Yet?

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
NO!!!!!!!!!!

NFS is actually a lot of fun! :p

Really it is, I paid for the full version during the Christmas sales. I love it. It is one of the most graphical games you have for the X that wont bog down the CPU and GPU.

androidcore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Im reading this thread and there are alot of new people asking all sorts of questions... such as "what is root/rooting", how can i delete these Verizon apps (aka bloatware)

First off... Root/rooting gives you "super user" access. In other words, God Power. After root, you still cant do anything special. You must download some Root Specific apps...

Titanium Backup will "freeze" and "defrost" bloatware.. once frozen (then powercycle), the app will disappear from you screens and app drawer. But its still on the phone, just hidden and not using any CPU and battery life.. again FROZE!. LOL I dont suggest delete bloatware. This can cause Verizon OTA and ANdroid OS OTA updates to get buggy and not install period. Just freeze them, and if you get an update... first unfreeze all the bloatware... pwercycle... update OS/OTA... powercycle... refreeze bloatware... powercycle and walla... enjoy...

Rooting also give you access to apps the nonrooters do not have.. such as screenshots (GOOD SCREEN SHOTS).. backing up and Flashing customer made ROMs (if you sick of the stock ROM from Verizon). A ROM is the program you see when you are navigating the Android. Like the 7 homescreens, the app drawer, all the settings, etc... Its like Windows 7, Vista, XP, MAC OS, etc... the main program is the ROM... custom ROM made from Gingerbread OS are already out... try one... but research rooting, flashing, backup, ROMing, etc before even considering doing it... AndroidCentral answer all the questions... just read and research.. its all here on this site too!

Reactions: Ahowe125

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332