Can I UN root if I have used Odin to do the rooting?

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I saw a lengthy description in another forum of how to use Odin, Trap Kernel, and Drivers for Samsung to root a Core Prime SM-G360Ti.

I was hoping to find a King Root APK to do the job but I can't find one, then I stumbled on the directions how to use Odin to root the phone. However it makes no reference to it being a one way street.. once rooted always rooted?

The directions were in another Android forum and for a moment when I tried to log in I couldn't... lol no wonder it was the wrong forum!

So am I stuck with using Odin and once done it stays that way? Or is there in fact a King Root apk that will do the job in one click?

My phone is running 5.1.1 I have it all ready to try the directions with Odin but I am bit leery.

Thanks a lot,

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, rooted with an app like Kingroot, which is the only choice until Android 6, you can reflash the stock ROM to get the phone unrooted. (It's the ROM that gets rooted, not the physical phone.)

Once you get to Android 6, you can use Magisk to root, and Magisk can completely remove itself.

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi Rukbat,

Thanks for the info and not deleting my message. After I hit SEND I thought " well that was really lame, I should have asked the question where I saw it posted!"

Now all I need is to find a Kingroot apk that will work. It seems their (XDA) pages are full of links that go nowhere or start a loop so you can't find what you want. I'll persist and see what I can turn up. Of the few apk's I have tried they sure send up all sorts of red flags and virus warnings not only in the phone but the PC as well, I guess they don't like the code they find.

So many thanks for your courtesy and not biting my head off, you'd have had every right to!

Regards,

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Rukbat or anyone.

So I installed TWRP, at least Odin says I did.. I restart the phone holding power, volume up, and home and wait for the Android logo.

What I get is a tiny message: recovery is not seandroind enforcing and under that is set warranty bit recovery. Only way to bail out of it is to remove the battery.

Where did I go wrong? If I reboot the phone I see all the normal apps and still have WiFi. my intention was to then install SuperSu somehow using TWRP.

I am not sure what to do next, an understatement <sigh> :'(

Thanks for any help! This is a SM-G360t1 Core Prime from Metro PCS if it helps.

Regards and thanks.