can not comment to att server

browaway

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
can not connect to att server for update

I've tried on 4 or 5 occasions now to check for updates but every time I get an error saying could not connect to att server. Same error for wifi or 3g...of course every time I try I have to wait 24 hours until I can try again. Any ideas?

Last edited:

browaway

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've rooted and applied the lagfix. That's it. Still running stock operating system with the OTA update from about a month ago. I've never had a problem connecting to check for updates until recently and I haven't changed anything that I know of...

genuino

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue, but fixed it by going to Settings/applications/manage application and on the list look for "device management", select that and clear data from the options given, check for update again, should work, it did for me.

lewisb13

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah none of that has worked for me. Still not able to connect to the server. This is going to be a huge bummer when 2.2 comes out.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I dont remember where I had found this, so I cant quote/give credit, but I sent this to a friend last week and it worked.

Got to "Settings", "Applications", "Manage applications". When in "Manage applications", hit the menu key and select "filter". Once in "filter" mode select all. Now look for "Device management" and access it. When in "Device management" hit "Clear data".

Now you will need to reboot the phone. Once the phone reboots, wait a couple minutes and check for updates.

Reactions: nickdeck

stylez619

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I was also having the "No Firmware" notification when attempting to check for updates. This also started after attempting the JH7 update.

I cleared the download data in the Device Management App, rebooted the phone and re-ran the JH7 OTA update. Worked fine and now JH7 is running fine with no more "cannot communicate with AT&T server" problems.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I just "thanked" you, Slappy. I had this same problem about a week ago. Calls to AT&T support were worthless, they even transferred me to Samsung support, also worthless. I ended up updating to JH7 with Kies Mini, which neither AT&T nor Samsung support knew anything about (and Samsung wrote the freaking program!).

Google Search is what led me to Kies Mini, but the "clear data" trick will come in handy in the future, methinks...

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I also am having problems and did all the steps outlined. Do you have to remove the oclf? I even tried remove data in the download has well as the data manager. I waited about ten minutes before trying to connect. I am also getting the firmware not recognized.
At least by doing that you don't have to wait 24 hours. Then I made the mistake of removing data from everything and lost all my contacts and calender appointments. Thank goodness I had titanium backup and got it all back.

browaway

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried the suggested steps but it still isn't connecting to ATT...not a big deal for now but when 2.2 comes out it will suck...also having the random shut down issue...I"m about to do a total factory reset...I getting tired of all the little bugs with this phone...

Another weird things is that my wife's captivate...when the market shows updates are available for her applications, there is an option to update all...that option doesn't show on mine...I have to download each update for each application...

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
browaway - does her market look different then yours? reason I ask b/c some people I know with the captivate received the silent market update. I am still running the original version on mine (havent recieved the update yet) which is no big deal it doesnt add that much extra, plus when we get Froyo, the market will be the newer version.

raven71 - I think I read somewhere that you have to remove oclf and be 100% stock to recieve the OTA firmware update. Don't quote me on that b/c I am not 100% certain.

Raven71

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just tried this morning and was able to connect. I still have oclf. Maybe I just had to wait a little longer. Has far as market update I also have the option to update all. It started after I applied an update for the market app. Also there is a separate button for reading the comments.
The old market you tapped on more comments. This one you tap a tab.

Last edited:

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
When Froyo becomes available, it will be a very large file - much larger than the JH7 update that came out. Word is that you will have to use Samsung Kies to receive the Froyo update. For those of you having problems connecting to ATT, I wouldn't worry too much about it if you are concerned you won't be able to get Froyo.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Kies Mini is out. It's supposed to be more functional. I don't know how much more functional since I have never used it. I guess we'll see how well it works. There is a new leaked version of Froyo that came out over the weekend. Wireless tethering has been pulled out of it (I think we all knew ATT would do that). It's getting closer to reality.