My Gear S 3 Frontier stopped connecting to my phone for texts.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I can still receive texts, emails, etc, and am connected on 4/5 G and Bluetooth, but every time I try doing as of today a speech to text throught watch, it says network error, and connect to a network.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
The Gear S3 Frontier is no longer supported. The last update was over a year ago. What carrier is it on? You should talk to them. Do you get a network error while connected to Wifi?

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
The Gear S3 Frontier is no longer supported. The last update was over a year ago. What carrier is it on? You should talk to them. Do you get a network error while connected to Wifi?
Im on Verizon. And this literally happened today. On a Ultra 22. It connects fine, but every time I try doing a speech to text through the watch, it says network error.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Does it do it while connected to Wifi?
Wifi, 4/5g, either way, it just gives me a network error when trying to do speech to text. Again, nothing new today, no downloads, etc I can think of. I can still get texts on it, and emails, this literally just happened today, or maybe yesterday, so I have no idea WTF.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Wifi, 4/5g, either way, it just gives me a network error when trying to do speech to text. Again, nothing new today, no downloads, etc I can think of. I can still get texts on it, and emails, this literally just happened today, or maybe yesterday, so I have no idea WTF.
Samsung hasn't pushed an update in over a year. It stopped supporting the Gear S3 over a year ago. The Galaxy Wearable app was updated a few days ago, October 25.

Samsung has been steadily phasing out support for its Tizen based wearables.

You can try unpairing and re-pairing it. No guarantee it'll work though.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Samsung hasn't pushed an update in over a year. It stopped supporting the Gear S3 over a year ago. The Galaxy Wearable app was updated a few days ago, October 25.

Samsung has been steadily phasing out support for its Tizen based wearables.

You can try unpairing and re-pairing it. No guarantee it'll work though.
Tried that earlier today. Again, it works like normal except for the fact that it can't do my speaking to the watch for a text. Not sure what would be the point of keeping the app/watch working normally but messing up one thing, unless its a not-figured foul up.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Tried that earlier today. Again, it works like normal except for the fact that it can't do my speaking to the watch for a text. Not sure what would be the point of keeping the app/watch working normally but messing up one thing, unless its a not-figured foul up.
As a last resort try a factory reset on your watch. But, just to be clear. Samsung stopped supporting that watch over a year ago.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
As a last resort try a factory reset on your watch. But, just to be clear. Samsung stopped supporting that watch over a year ago.
Fair enough. But hell, I was using the Gear S2 several years back before I got the Gear S3 and never had this issue. I guess if I reset the watch I'll have to redownload all my watch faces?

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Fair enough. But hell, I was using the Gear S2 several years back before I got the Gear S3 and never had this issue. I guess if I reset the watch I'll have to redownload all my watch faces?
I would bet that you would have this problem with the Gear S2 now.

Yes, you will have to re-download all of them. Here is another wrinkle you won't like. If or when you decide to upgrade to a Galaxy Watch 4 our newer, you may not be able to download any of your watch faces. Those were designed for the Tizen OS and may or may not be available for Android Wear OS.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Lovely. So yeah, Im at a complete loss as to whats up. Can take texts, can take emails, but somehow speech to text is a no go. And unless some big documented change happened in literally the last 72 hours....wtf.

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Sorry. Did you try clearing app data for the Galaxy Wearable app? I apologize for not recommending that sooner. Not sure if that will work.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I did update it, but no, I have no cleared the app data. Trying to remember how to do that since this usually is not something I have to figure out. :(

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Before using either option you should unpair your watch via BT settings and any other Galaxy Wearables (i.e Galaxy Buds, etc.)

If you are using OneUI 5.1.x as your default launcher there are two methods (tomato/tomato whichever method you choose):

Option 1:
1) Long press the Galaxy Wearable app
2) Tap the "i" in upper right of the popup
3) Tap "storage"
4) At the bottom tap, "Clear data"
5) Tap "delete"
6) Restart the app

Option 2:
1) Settings -> Apps
2) Scroll down until you find the Galaxy Wearable app and tap on it
3) Tap "Storage"
4) At the bottom tap, "Clear data"
5) Tap "delete"
6) Restart the app

When the app restarts it will run you through its set up and allow you to pair any Galaxy Wearables. Any settings on your previously paired Galaxy Wearables will be reset.