Can someone explain to me what ASU is under call signal please

stephanie85

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering what ASU is under the decibel reading for signal strength my evo 3d and epic touch sit at the same signal strength decibel wise but the evo 3d has anywhere from 6 --12 ASU while my epic touch never changes from 0 ...call quality is far superior on my epic, that's with zero bars while the evolution 3d has four hence the reason I was checking the actual decibel readings ...I think the DB is for decibel if anyone can explain I will reward you with a cookie.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering what ASU is under the decibel reading for signal strength my evo 3d and epic touch sit at the same signal strength decibel wise but the evo 3d has anywhere from 6 --12 ASU while my epic touch never changes from 0 ...call quality is far superior on my epic, that's with zero bars while the evolution 3d has four hence the reason I was checking the actual decibel readings ...I think the DB is for decibel if anyone can explain I will reward you with a cookie.

Scroll to the bottom of the page here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_signal

Note that the android meaning is different than the traditional meaning, which that page explains.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.484077,65.842465

stephanie85

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I actually read that already but more or less was wondering why the Evo 3D gets around 6 - 10 ASU and my epic gets zero, assuming the bigger number is better tho my epic blows my 3d out of the water with call quality and dropped calls reception etc ...

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can someone explain to me what ASU is under call signal pleas

Did you make the changes to the EVO 3D call quality using the EVRC-B enable method?
Signal strenght and call quality dont necessarily go hand in hand. Both devices can be in good signal strength but if the encoders/decoders are different that can have a noticeable effect on sound quality.
The 3D incorporates a new protocol for the CDMA handling of the calls. I think over at XDA this was discussed and there is a process to be able to enable or disable the cause of the poor quality.
I have the instructions but not sure if i am allowed to post them. PM me or go to xda and do a search.
I tought they were on this site as well but i did a quick look and couldnt find it.

stephanie85

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can someone explain to me what ASU is under call signal pleas

I left all call settings stock on the 3D ....its a awesome phone but the call quality is far better to me at my home and work locations ...ofcourse this is not fact its just my opinion and my experience with both units

Nobodyin Particular

Apr 1, 2020
Visit site
asu meaning in android devices, (as I understand it, in laymans terms) is Quality Of the Signal, but depending on how the encoders/decoders process it, it can vary from device to device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky