Question Can you recommend a simple app for low-battery alerting?

gf1701

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I used to use an app called battery Notifier BT Free, which did just that—the only thing I wanted--and not much else. Unfortunately, the app was discontinued and the last version no longer works on Android 14, which is what I’m running on my Samsung S23+ phone. A couple of months ago, I tried two apps, Battery Alarm and Battery Guru. I can’t remember why I quickly uninstalled Battery Alarm, but I do remember that Battery Guru was so complicated that I couldn’t figure out how to set a low-battery alert. (I eventually received a reply from their support team telling me how to do it, but had uninstalled it as too resource-heavy anyway.) Can anyone recommend a simple app that will do the trick?

gf1701

May 8, 2015
Visit site
I looked into Bixby, and don't want to use it. I've never had a reason to activate it before, and I don't think doing so for this single function is a good reason for me to do so.

gf1701

May 8, 2015
Visit site
According to what I read in their description, and from comments in reviews, Accubattery does not issue an alert when the battery is low. It is only capable of alerting you when you have reached your specified charge level (for example, 85%). That's not what I need.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This app will
3e8ca32990f966e27b6dd904140444e6.jpg

gf1701

May 8, 2015
Visit site
This app will
3e8ca32990f966e27b6dd904140444e6.jpg

Thanks. Do you actually use this app? I went to the Google Play page for the app and read a lot of reviews. There were a number of people who stated that the app was a huge battery drain itself! Have you experienced this? I also saw one comment that reminded me why I quickly removed the Battery Alarm app: it perpetually kept a battery notice on my notification list, and I could find no way to stop it from doing that. Does GSam also do this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. Do you actually use this app? I went to the Google Play page for the app and read a lot of reviews. There were a number of people who stated that the app was a huge battery drain itself! Have you experienced this? I also saw one comment that reminded me why I quickly removed the Battery Alarm app: it perpetually kept a battery notice on my notification list, and I could find no way to stop it from doing that. Does GSam also do this?
Hi welcome, I haven't used it probably couple years steady so can't comment on battery drain, I always try use native apps to perform functions on my device but sometimes 3rd party apps as such can accomplish things we don't have native on our devices.
Hopefully other members can chime in on those issues your referring to with that app but I know it can do what your asking about, worse case can try it yourself see if you experience battery drain as not everyone will with same devices.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danglinglily