Can't add a custom ringtone on Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Yorkshire Lass

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Downloaded and paid for a song in Google Play Music. After refreshing the App the song is showing in 'Google Play Music' - but when I go:

Device
Sound
Ringtones
Select Add ringtone at the bottom
Choose action using: then selec the Google Play Music icon 'choose music track' and select just once
The music track i downloaded isnt there - just the standard 'Over the Horizon' Samsung tune

Any ideas how i can add the song and select it as a ringtone?

Last edited by a moderator:

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Cant add a custom ringtone on Samsung GN3

Google play music files are hidden in the phone. As far as I know, you can't use them in any other app other than Google Play music. You could download Zedge for ringtones and wallpaper or you can download the mp3 of the song you like and make your own ringtone. Ringdroid does this well. It's in the Play Store. Good luck!

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

I download the song via my laptop, then transfer the song to my ext sd card. I then use Ringdroid to cut the song into a ringtone. Then assign to the caller.

I know this sounds like a pain, but I don't use the Google Play Music app. I always download my songs and transfer them. Once you compete the process once or twice, it becomes easier. I have over 200 ringtones.

Hope this helps.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

Yorkshire Lass

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

Thanks folks - i will try - but i dont actully have an SD card in my phone - if i download to my computer - whats the best way to then transfer to my phone - having issues with Kies - so thats not an option :-(

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Thanks folks - i will try - but i dont actully have an SD card in my phone - if i download to my computer - whats the best way to then transfer to my phone - having issues with Kies - so thats not an option :-(

Plug your phone to your computer. Your phone should pop up and you open the PHONE folder and transfer the song to your MUSIC folder

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality41