can't "Charge Only" or tether when plugged in via USB

superkt

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone for about two weeks now with no issues. I have my phone set to "charge only" when it's plugged in via USB. About two days ago, the phone started to automatically change itself to disk drive mode and mount the SD card. I've uninstalled all my newer programs and gone through all of their settings to try and find something that is trying to mount my SD card. Can't seem to find it. I like to use the tethering option too and I can't now because of this. Any help would be appreciated.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had my phone for about two weeks now with no issues. I have my phone set to "charge only" when it's plugged in via USB. About two days ago, the phone started to automatically change itself to disk drive mode and mount the SD card. I've uninstalled all my newer programs and gone through all of their settings to try and find something that is trying to mount my SD card. Can't seem to find it. I like to use the tethering option too and I can't now because of this. Any help would be appreciated.

Does this only happen when you plug it into a certain computer, or all computer,, or you just havnt tried any other computers?

Do you have it in USB debugging mode?

superkt

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So...I got impatient and did a factory reset. I can now set it to "charge only" and it will stay but if I unplug the cable and replug, it will change to disk drive. I have NO apps installed now. I have no idea what to do! It never did that before :(

fredmr85

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
So...I got impatient and did a factory reset. I can now set it to "charge only" and it will stay but if I unplug the cable and replug, it will change to disk drive. I have NO apps installed now. I have no idea what to do! It never did that before :(

Isn't that normal? Idk if there is a way to override disk drive by default...but you should always have the option to change it.

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a somewhat similar issue (I think) on my Evo (also an HTC device) that is unsolved as of yet. Just want to mention it here in case there is some correlation...and in hopes of tapping the knowledge of those way smarter than me.

ME

TinsleyC

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

Mine (MT4G) doesn't do that... how odd. I set mine once to Charge Only and plug it into my work PC often. I see "Charge Only" appear briefly at the top of the phone but it never changes modes on me.

Mytouch 4G, not rooted
Android 2.2.1
Baseband 12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.26_M
Kernel 2.6.32.21-g899d047
Build 1.17.531.2 CL277036 release-keys
Software 1.17.531.2

Last edited: