Can't download any apps ---Help

droidfroid

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Can't download any apps from the Google app store. Worked before . I can look at any app but when I hit install and accept it goes back to the Apps screen on my nexus 7.
HELP

Blkacesvf41

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Start with a reboot:hold the power button for about ten seconds until it shuts off and restarts. If that doesn't work, I would do a factory reset. Hope that helps.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Try going to Settings, Apps and selecting the Google Play Store. Clear data and clear cache. If that doesn't work, uninstall updates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

newtabletuser

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Start with a reboot:hold the power button for about ten seconds until it shuts off and restarts. If that doesn't work, I would do a factory reset. Hope that helps.

I don't have an answer for the original poster but his question interests me. I'm a brand new tablet user and have had the Nexus 7 for less than a week. I'm trying to learn as much as I can as I may need the info in the future.

Holding the power button down for 10 seconds during reboot, is that a hard reset for the tablet? If so, am I correct in assuming that no data will be lost?

Is a factory reset like a system restore on a PC, removing all programs and data other than the system applications?

Thank you.

To the OP, I hope you get your problem solved. Also, I'd be interested to know if you've tried to download an app from Google Play via your computer rather than from the tablet itself. That's what I've been doing since I'm still not used to navigating on a small screen.

minimat1

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
i have a similar problem and was hoping someone could help me, my samsung galaxy S3 is brand new and it wont download apps from the play store it gets to about 30% and then it stops everytime. if i connect to the wifi it works np, the wierd thing is it will let me update my apps on the mobile network but not download a new one. I have tried updating the phone, factory reset, stopping framework and removing google id and restarting the phone. I also tried putting my sim card in another Samsung Galaxy S3 but it still wouldn't download and calling virgin and getting them to send me the apn details but still no luck, so i went to the virgin store and they told me to get a new sim card, so i did but still it dosent work!!! Any Ideas?