Cant download venmo??

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have the Moto G stylus, only bought the phone little over 2months ago, do it's pretty new. I don't download alot of stuff & haven't used much of any type of memory or storage...I try to download Venmo to get paid back a loan from a friend...the only way they can pay it back at the moment too..I try to download it from the play store, like every other app, it says the error msg at the bottom of the screen, Something went wrong, try again later- makes no sense..I tried to look up solution thru help screens, says maybe app permissions need to be changed..I can't figure it out

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
says maybe app permissions need to be changed..I can't figure it out
App permissions are usually adjusted/set AFTER app installation.

Have you tried restarting the phone? How about clearing the cache for the Play Store app? Are you saying that this is not the only app that's doing this?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the Moto G stylus, only bought the phone little over 2months ago, do it's pretty new. I don't download alot of stuff & haven't used much of any type of memory or storage...I try to download Venmo to get paid back a loan from a friend...the only way they can pay it back at the moment too..I try to download it from the play store, like every other app, it says the error msg at the bottom of the screen, Something went wrong, try again later- makes no sense..I tried to look up solution thru help screens, says maybe app permissions need to be changed..I can't figure it out
Welcome to the forums. Where do you live? Make sure that the 'Premium SMS access' permission is enabled.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Try going to Settings>Apps, select Google Play Store, tap Storage, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager -- you probably have to tap Menu>Show System to see it. Now try again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin_Markov