Can't find serial number for Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013

ValYooNeek

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I need the forum help! My tablet sometimes gets soo hot to touch, that the last time it happen I accidentally dropped it! It left small grooves near the one speaker and near the area where the pen is located. Lucky for me that the drop didnt break/damage the screen! Anyway, I purchased it refurbish and got an extended warranty...found out that the manufacture warranty is still intact (until 4/14/14). So, I was told to call Samsung and report the problem so that they could fix it. The rep needed info about the model and serial number of the tablet..I knew the model info but couldnt local the serial number. I was told that its located on the back of tablet (small print)..couldnt read it with my readers on. Told to go under setting, about tablet..that's where the problem lies. The rep said the serial number starts with a R or RF, the number thats on tablet under setting doesnt start with R or RF, its NSCN. The rep said thats not the serial number! Then where is the serial number and why is there a different set of numbers where the serial numbers suppose to be? I purchased the tablet thru shophq (don't laugh.. tv shopping channel)... that's not the problem, the problem is where is the serial number and is it possible for someone to change the serial number??? Without it Samsung will not be a verify my tablet and fix it under the warranty. I'm desperate for any help with this matter! HELP! :-\

oz123

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Go into settings > About device > Status. (tap on Status) scroll thru the status menu, you will find it there.

Last edited:

Missy Penny

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem over a year ago. I tried the number on the back and the one in settings but he kept saying that it was incorrect. I thought maybe I was seeing 0 rather than On but that didn't work either. I never resolved it and I have no warranty. Did you ever figure it out?

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness