Can't get into safe mode or recovery mode in N8010

Chriswaterguy

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
My Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8010 - wifi only) gets stuck on the splash screen ("Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" - no animations). It just stays there, doesn't restart itself (so I don't know if that counts as a "boot loop").

I've tried to enter safe mode by pressing power and volume up together, but it goes straight to the screen "Warning!! A custom OS...". I've tried other permutations such as:
  • power button and then also pressing volume down as soon as the splash screen appears (same warning screen)
  • power button, then releasing this and pressing volume down as soon as the splash screen appears (hang on splash)
  • power button and then also pressing volume up as soon as the splash screen appears (gets to splash, reboots, and repeats)
  • power button, then releasing this and pressing volume up as soon as the splash screen appears (hang on splash)

I thought the OS might be corrupted, so I installed the same stock OS (4.4.2) using Odin. It appeared to install smoothly, but it's still stuck on the splash screen.

I suspect that the motherboard might be dead :(. My next step is to try installing a custom ROM (e.g. Gnabo - after double-checking that rootgalaxynote.com and downloadandroidrom.com aren't malware sites). And if that doesn't work, I'll get it checked out by a repair shop, which will probably just confirm that it's dead.

Anything I've missed? Does it sound like the motherboard is dead, or something else?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laogui32