Can't hold data connection

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Lost LTE first last night, then it dropped in and out of 3G and finally down to 1x and stuck there. Figured it was a network issue and went to bed. It was on 3G this morning and after swapping out for a fresh battery, it's back on LTE! Yeah! :) Considering how aggressive Verizon is deploying LTE, there are gonna be a few bumps in the road. Patience young padawans, patience. :p I'd still take Verizon's network over any other, especially here in Alabama!!!

slimc84

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Been having 1X intermittently from upstate NY too. Thought it was something to do with my root, but it seems verizon is having this issue all across the country

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Same thing in Massachusetts. I was 1X all the way home. Now back on good 4G. It was happening so much yesterday I blamed bamf 1.0.7 and nandroided back to stock rooted. Obviously it isn't the rom cuz same crap now. Too bad...I already deleted my bamf extras folder. I'll just go back to bamf the next time they make a new version of forever..

In the mean time it totally sucks having inconsistent data connection. Anybody try calling vzw (not that they tell customer service reps anything)?

Is there any sense in the usual restarts or turning network on and off? They don't seem to do anything anymore.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I had 4G all morning, then went outside 4G coverage, and dropped to 1X, no 3G by toggling the widget. However, I was headed to a known bad signal area, so I let it ride. Back inside 4G I picked up the LTE again, but tested toggling and could only get 1X. Did a battery/SIM card pull and back to normal.

Edit: This was Atlanta area.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I wish vzw would.announce this issue and when it will be over. Then it wouldn't drive me nuts. I keep thinking I screwed it up somehow.

RJSAdvisors

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same problems here in So. CA from last Friday through the weekend. I keep losing any data connectivity. I would go to search something on the web, and get nowhere. I kept cycling the Airplane mode off and on to try to reestablish a connection, but that did not always work or sometimes helped for only a very brief time. I tried a SIM card pull too, but that made no difference either. Today LTE seems to be working again. I sure hope Verizon gets this problem straightened out and that it was just temporary.

Beezer1659

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Driving me nuts here in Ohio. Can't hold a data signal at all. Right now in strong 4G area in downtown Toledo but only getting 3G on my phone and that is dropping all the time. Will restart my phone soon with a Sim card pull.

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Driving me nuts here in Ohio. Can't hold a data signal at all. Right now in strong 4G area in downtown Toledo but only getting 3G on my phone and that is dropping all the time. Will restart my phone soon with a Sim card pull.

That will do nothing....they're having network issues. My problem were only on Sunday night. Everything was fine yesterday and this morning.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I noticed rt 93 north of wilmington is either no signal or 1X....used to get a good 3 or 4G signal the entire trip. Ps Go Bruins!

jfarinella

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Had the same problem here in AZ last night. At one point I couldn't even make a call - the error message said that the network was busy and to try again later. I rebooted and was able to make the call. Every once in a while I loose data connection and sometimes I wait for it to come back and other times I reboot and it comes back. Oh well, most of the time it's great. Guess we have to be patient while Verizon works the kinks out.

GeneralMC51

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Happening in some parts of Honolulu too. Or just my apartment :p Did a battery pull and it worked ok for about 24 hours, but back to 1X (or none). Checking out the outage posts, the 16th does seem to be when stuff went funky. At least it works fine at work...

slimc84

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
still can't hold a solid data connection in upstate ny. is anyone else still experiencing this problem, if so, what has verizon said about the issue?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Just in case you haven't done it, I'd suggest a battery/SIM pull. Pull the battery, then pull the SIM, and leave them outside the phone for at least 5 minutes.

It may not help, but it can't hurt.

Reactions: GeneralMC51

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Had to go back to 3G today. Is VZW still screwing with network or is this just more evidence the tbolt is bogus.