can't sign in to google after recovery

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i recovered my old HTC 10 and now i can't sign in to google on setup.
it asks for my google login but when i enter my password it just goes back to the beginning and asks for my e-mail/phone no. again.

there was only ever one google acct attached to that phone and it's the same account i use now, so the details i'm entering are correct.

i'm not even getting any security alerts from google to say someone is trying to access my account.

any ideas?

Jan 31, 2019
Visit site
i reset this phone last summer when i got a new phone.
i recently found a use for it so i dug it out, of course it wants me to sign in to google before i can go any further.
i put the the e-mail but when i enter the password it just goes back to e-mail entry.
it doesn't say anything about my details being wrong and i don't get a security e-mail to tell me someone is logging into my account from another device.
i only ever had one account attached to this phone and it's the one i use now so details are definitely correct.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Duplicate threads merged. Do you have 2-step authentication turned on for your Google account?

olliehunt

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
It sounds like you are entering a wrong password. You only get a security alert email when the login is successful, i.e. the password is correct.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the new password doesn't work, try the old password (from before you changed it) - it may be looking for the password on the phone, not the one at the Google site.

Jan 31, 2019
Visit site
no i don't have two-step turned on.
it's definitely the correct, current password.
i've tried all the old passwords i might have used.
still nothing, it doesn't say wrong password either, it just skips back the beginning.

olliehunt

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
Usually, you can skip adding your G account during initial setup by clicking "Skip". After the setup is finished, go to "Accounts" in the settings menu and try adding Your account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH