Can't sign into Twitter

jamur87

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I just got my note 2014 from my lovely wife. For some reason I get the message "error occurred when signing in please try again later" when trying to sign in to Twitter. I went to application management and I cannot uninstall the app. The app in the play store says it isn't compatible with this version. I also updated the app from the Samsung apps app store. My time zone is set to eastern and i do not see an option to auto set time. What can I do so I can sign in? I'm at a loss. All the other apps seem to work fine except this one.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried deleting data/cache from the Application manager? I got an error from this app once after an update, but cleared cache and it worked. But if you haven't been able to login , clearing data as well shouldn't affect you.

jamur87

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried deleting data/cache from the Application manager? I got an error from this app once after an update, but cleared cache and it worked. But if you haven't been able to login , clearing data as well shouldn't affect you.
I just uninstalled the update then cleared the cache and data. I then downloaded the app again from the Samsung App store and got the same error.

jamur87

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
This is going to sound dumb, but can you log in via Browser? Or another Twitter app like Plume?
You sir, are a genius !!! I tried to log into the website via the browser and was forced to change my password. Once that was done I was able to log into the app. Thanks so much:D

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad that helped! Sometimes the 'security' measures companies are taking can drive you nuts when you are forced to them. I was locked out of my Hotmail account for two weeks because I couldn't get SMS while in Japan and since I was in a different country, Microsoft insisted I verified my identity with an SMS code... Thank God for Google's more simple 2-step verification.

jamur87

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Glad that helped! Sometimes the 'security' measures companies are taking can drive you nuts when you are forced to them. I was locked out of my Hotmail account for two weeks because I couldn't get SMS while in Japan and since I was in a different country, Microsoft insisted I verified my identity with an SMS code... Thank God for Google's more simple 2-step verification.

I know exactly what you mean. Strangely enough I am able to use the twitter app on my transformer prime with out having to reset my password. Have to love "security measures"