Can't uninstall bad app, even in safe mode

Nichole1978

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
My phone has been acting up for awhile now, and I suspected it was the Hoopla app. But whenever I go to the Application Manager, the phone reboots before I can even start scrolling. I went to the Play Store to uninstall Hoopla that way, but as soon as I click "OK" to uninstall, the phone reboots. I put the phone in safe mode and tried to uninstall Hoopla through the Application Manager and guess what? REBOOT! I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 through Straight Talk. I am NOT tech-savvy at all, and most of the time, the lingo on these forums is way over my head - so please dumb-down your responses as much as possible! I'm trying to avoid a factory reset, but if that's my only option, I'll do what I have to do. Does anyone know how I can uninstall this app? Or what else might be causing this issue? (Hoopla has pretty good reviews, it's promoted through the public library system, and no one else I know is having trouble with it). Will a factory reset even fix this problem?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I see several apps in the Play Store named some variant of Hoopla. Which one are we talking about?

Also, go to Settings -> Security -> Device Administrators and see if your app is listed there; if it is, uncheck the box.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001