Can't update/install facebook.

S4Rs

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else seen this. About 3 weeks ago the phone started to fail every time it tried to update facebook. So I uninstalled facebook and tried to install it. Now every time it tries to install it fails with a -11 error. I tried everything from delete any facebook folders in my phone to completely reseting google play services, to wiping cache, rebooting. I followed all of googles support pages and even spoke with a google employee who basically told me that I was SOL and all he could do was walk the typical support issues with him. Phone has plenty of storage left. I have waited a few weeks to see if facebook updates to the store would fix it, but nothing.

I have reached out to the facebook support page and the developer email address, but I have not heard anything. Cant believe this is just me. I really dont want to factory reset the phone.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
You didn't specifically mention it, but did you go into settings / apps, find the Play Store, tap it and then tap the button "uninstall updates" and then go back to the Play Store (it'll be the original version that shipped with the phone, but will soon upgrade; I believe that you will need to agree again to the Play Store terms and conditions)?

I have decided to keep asking this question: do you have any anti-malware or anti-virus apps on the phone? Does uninstalling and restarting the phone fix the problem?

Have you tried going into a PC browser, go to the play store, log in to the Google account on your phone, and install the app from the web browser on a computer?

hornbroo

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I was having the same issue. Instead of trying to resolve it, I removed the Facebook app. The phone runs so much better without it that I will not re-install it. I am now using Chrome to access FB and it is working great!