Car dock concerns-suggestions?

Skyeclad

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I just bought the Verizon fascinate car dock and I wanted to report that if you intend to use any case around your phone while in the car dock you absolutely cannot use any case with this dock. Because of this I decided that I was not interested in removing my phone from my case every time I entered my car. It's just way too much of a hassle. I guess I'm gonna look for a more generic car dock that fits a range of phones.

Any suggestions?

jaekim717

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
hey i just bought the same dock. haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but i was thinking the whole removal of the case might start to become an issue as well. Ulitmately i want a car dock that also charges and doubles as an fm transmitter/hands free device so I can play music and also answer calls while driving. If you find anything, please let me know.

Bellztoll

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I like the car dock personally. I had,orginally bought a hard case but after finding out it wouldn't fit, I just got a silicone case. Yeah,i still have to take it out but its easy so no worries. just my two cents on the matter.

ocgreenmachine

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Arkon car mount

I purchased the Arkon car mount:

http://store.androidcentral.com/arkon-cm920-gooseneck-mount-and-universal-holder/3A78A573.htm

I have a Fascinate sporting the Verizon case/holster combo, and the Arkon car mount more than easily holds it. It is a universal mount that can be adjusted to the size of your phone and has a nice solid mounting arm that doesn't bounce around as much as the Verizon branded car mount. It is also able to adjust slightly larger than the Verizon mount and has a swiveling head that can adjust to different angles, allowing you to adjust the mount to face any direction you would like. A mounting plate with doublesided tape also allows you to mount the car mount to your dashboard (Which Ihave done).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigD