Car dock or mount thing?

adder allstar

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I use my phone for GPS and music when I'm driving almost everyday. When I'm using the GPS I keep it on my leg, which makes it slide around a lot, fall etc. I had the same problem with my iPhone, and was never able to find any type of mount, but maybe there is something new out now. I would like something that is mounted somewhere on my car that I can easily attach my phone to and not have to worry about it sliding around.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I have an iOttie One Touch, it mounts on my Sierra Pickup's dash and hasn't released yet. It's been a few years, so it really does stay put on uneven surfaces. I am looking at the new one, iOttie Easy One Touch 2, it telescopes out a little further. The iOtties really stick where ever you put them, good mount for $25.

If your car has a CD player with a visible slot, then grab a Mountek nGroove, it will never let go. I install mine upside down so I can still see the clock on the dash of our Acadia.

msimpsonnj

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I have found the HTC-D190-Car-kit (search Amazon) to be superb. Stays put, automatically connects to AUX input via blue tooth, and launches CAR app. Only downsides are (a) can't use it with a case, so I have taken to keeping my device in a leather sleeve, and (b) it blocks access to the headphone jack, but since I connect with Bluetooth in the car, that is not an issue.

ks1g

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I had excellent results using a Proclip mount (Car Phone Holders and Dashboard Phone Mounts - ProClip USA) with my old HTC Droid Incredible. Replaced the Droid (cracked screen) with an HTC One M8 when several retailers were having the seriusly reduced price sale after Thanksgiving. While I can reuse the vehicle mount, I have to pick a phone holder, depending if I will use the phone naked (no case), with a thin case (what I have now), or with a larger case (Otterbox?). They offer several selections: HTC ONE (M8) Phone Holders - ProClip USA

The mount is adjustable, solidly attaches to car, no suction cup to fail or holes to drill, and is easily used with right hand (mine mounts off left side of center console convenient to natural hand placement on steering wheel). Don't know if any of the M8 mounts triger car mode. If you are OK removing phone from case or don't use a case, the basic model should work quite well, extrapolating from my experience with my Droid Increidble.

garakhan

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Here is a new car mount. It claims it's a universal mount for any smartphone, with or with out a case. Charge with a cigarette adapter. Add a NFC tag for car mode and automation. Car mount as vent mount, visor mount, windshield mount, sunroof mount :) and optional dash mount and CD mount. That is enough options for any driver. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1247222675/fum-shape-changing-flexible-universal-mount-for-an
I backed this project and hoping it will come to market. We need better solutions.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I'm using a cheap mount that I got several years ago at a Sprint store back when I bought my HTC Evo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen