Cases for Pixel 3

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Best Cases for Pixel 3

I'm writing this with my 2xl in it's fabric case and while it's not tacky grippy, I don't find it slippery. I love the way it feels. With that being said, if you didn't like the feel before, I doubt the new one will be any different. I'll find out tomorrow though.
Hmm...might pick up one of the Bellroy leather cases then. Love the look of the fabric but I thought my 2XL was more slippery with the fabric case on than no case.

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

From what I've been able to find so far, it looks like I'll be going with an OtterBox for mine and my daughter's phones.

Why is it I don't mind spending the $$$ on the phones but cringe at 60.00 for a case?

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

From what I've been able to find so far, it looks like I'll be going with an OtterBox for mine and my daughter's phones.

Why is it I don't mind spending the $$$ on the phones but cringe at 60.00 for a case?

Agreed, their case is nice and I have gotten compliments on them from people,but it is to expensive. Only reason I got mine was because I got it for $12 at Targets clearance.

I really don't understand Google pricing sometimes. I really think they are just trying to over compensate themselves for all years of selling Nexus phones for so cheap and change their image into a premium brand.

Ashton

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

Quick question, how are (or will) these cases work with wireless charging? Specifically the Pixel Stand? I'm thinking about the Otterbox Symmetry case but curious about all of 'em.

Rodawg71

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Don't have the pixel stand, but mine works just fine with my Samsung wireless stand with a Spigen case.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Yes they work with wireless charging. Very rarely a case is so thick it won't work with wireless charging. Over years I never have encountered a case that doesn't work with wireless charging.
Quick question, how are (or will) these cases work with wireless charging? Specifically the Pixel Stand? I'm thinking about the Otterbox Symmetry case but curious about all of 'em.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Thank you! I appreciate your help.

Typically,. as long as there's no metal in the case between the phone and the charging pad, there shouldn't be an issue. Which sucks for me since I add the metal discs to the back of my case to use with magnetic mounts. So I'll have to remove my case before wireless charging, kind of cancels out the convenience factor.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Sometimes and it depends on the location of the coil and the size of the magnet but sometimes you can get both. Play around with the metal placement. You just may get it to work.
Typically,. as long as there's no metal in the case between the phone and the charging pad, there shouldn't be an issue. Which sucks for me since I add the metal discs to the back of my case to use with magnetic mounts. So I'll have to remove my case before wireless charging, kind of cancels out the convenience factor.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

This case is nice.... Tempered glass back looks very similar to the Ringke with rigid plastic back but this is nicer because it's glass. Hopefully it won't scratch as easy as the hard plastic Ringke. The corners have nubs to keep the back raised.

it almost eliminates the two-tone look of the clearly white but there wasn't much two-tone look to begin with

Attachments

• 41268.jpg
    41268.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 71

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I got that one too. It kinda feels the same as the TPU ones IMO.

Not to me...the only one that feels similar is the Ringke. At least not the back...the sides are TPU of course. It looks less rubbery than the TPU ones.

TrueBlueKew

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

Compared to other cases I believe it is. For example between the speck and the fabric case, the speck case is very grippy but the look of the fabric case is great.

Thanks for sharing the images of the fabric case. I'm digging it and considering but have a question - Hard to but is there a lip on the front? Enough that could lay it face down on a table?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Yeah it does have a slight lip, not that big but if I recall correctly enough to lay on on the table and protect the glass. I'm at work now using presidio case, will check tonight back at home with the fabric case and let you know.
Thanks for sharing the images of the fabric case. I'm digging it and considering but have a question - Hard to but is there a lip on the front? Enough that could lay it face down on a table?

codyfred85

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

After a trip to Verizon to buy a screen protector, I now have 4 cases... Anyone else kind of disappointed in color choices? I like the Google fabric case colors but it doesn't offer much protection. Hopefully Speck and Tech 21 expand their color options. Both are fantastic cases, just super boring to look at.