Mint condition Google Pixel 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Ooooohhhh... gimmegimmegimme!

I had just bought a Pixel 5 from Google and it lasted less than 12 hours before going Tango Uniform. Bright pink vertical line down the left side of the screen. I knew it meant a hardware failure but I really wanted this phone so I tried restarts, restarts in safe mode, a full factory reset, etc. Nothing helped as I suspected it wouldn't. So I started the process of a warranty replacement. Geez, Google does NOT make it easy! With Apple you go into an Apple Store, show them the defective iPhone, and walk out with a new one.

After going in circles on the Google Support website I initiated an online chat. And I must say the reps on the chat were all aces. They quickly assessed my issue and determined almost immediately this Pixel was a lost cause. Took my info (email, phone#, IMEI, order#, etc) and sent me a link to order a new phone. And the link was dead. The rep said to wait a week and try again while they worked on the problem on their end, but the link to re-order was only good for 72 hours. I was scratching my head about Google, masters of the internet, having down servers or sending dead links, and generally worrying about getting splinters (wooden head, rubber feet).

Last night I initiated a new chat to check on the general status of my failed re-order and got another excellent cs rep. He took it as far as he could and promised a response within 24 hours. So right now I'm still in limbo with Google and decided to take matters into my own hands. I'm buying THIS Pixel 5 and will decide what to do about the one from Google. I will either cancel for a refund with Google or keep it as a backup. That is if/when I get my replacement.

Despite the excellent performance of the cs reps on the online chats, their hands are tied as to final disposition of my re-order. None of them possess the Elder Wand which is the only thing that can help me at this point. That, or Google actually giving a darn about me. Mirable dictu, I feel this purchase from jhaire08 has buoyed my spirits.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.34.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.34.00 AM.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 15

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Ooooohhhh... gimmegimmegimme!

I had just bought a Pixel 5 from Google and it lasted less than 12 hours before going Tango Uniform. Bright pink vertical line down the left side of the screen. I knew it meant a hardware failure but I really wanted this phone so I tried restarts, restarts in safe mode, a full factory reset, etc. Nothing helped as I suspected it wouldn't. So I started the process of a warranty replacement. Geez, Google does NOT make it easy! With Apple you go into an Apple Store, show them the defective iPhone, and walk out with a new one.

After going in circles on the Google Support website I initiated an online chat. And I must say the reps on the chat were all aces. They quickly assessed my issue and determined almost immediately this Pixel was a lost cause. Took my info (email, phone#, IMEI, order#, etc) and sent me a link to order a new phone. And the link was dead. The rep said to wait a week and try again while they worked on the problem on their end, but the link to re-order was only good for 72 hours. I was scratching my head about Google, masters of the internet, having down servers or sending dead links, and generally worrying about getting splinters (wooden head, rubber feet).

Last night I initiated a new chat to check on the general status of my failed re-order and got another excellent cs rep. He took it as far as he could and promised a response within 24 hours. So right now I'm still in limbo with Google and decided to take matters into my own hands. I'm buying THIS Pixel 5 and will decide what to do about the one from Google. I will either cancel for a refund with Google or keep it as a backup. That is if/when I get my replacement.

Despite the excellent performance of the cs reps on the online chats, their hands are tied as to final disposition of my re-order. None of them possess the Elder Wand which is the only thing that can help me at this point. That, or Google actually giving a darn about me. Mirable dictu, I feel this purchase from jhaire08 has buoyed my spirits.

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I too fathom on how that type of thing could happen with Google!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien