Cell phones @ Target?

AD0791

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I think I've decided on the DInc2 for my upgrade. I've been shopping around and it seems like I can get it through Target for free? Has anyone bought through Target?

It includes free "Fedex Standard" shipping. I'm not sure what that would be or how long to expect.

My choices are $99 through VZW online, $79 at Amazon, or possibly free through Target? Best I can tell, the extra hassle with Amazon or Target is that they'll impose and extra ETF if I cancel or transfer the line in the first 6 months or downgrade my plan. I don't see either of those happening since we're on the lowest minute family plan.

Any reason to not buy through Target?

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
It's the same as buying from Walmart or amazon. I bought mine from amazon and it was fairly easy. You can go into the Target store and buy it straight from there. FedEx stardard shipping is the regular shipping depending on where its ship and where you live. Typically 3-5 days

AD0791

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I may try doing it in-store, but the web page says it's an online price only. I just want to make sure I'm not missing some obvious reason that Target is a bad idea. The old saying about if it's too good to be true keeps bouncing around in my head.

sethwardo

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got my dinc2 through Target. For free was seamless. Getting the phone for free made it that much more awesome. Loving it.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
free? i was in target last weekend and it was the same price as VZW store.. $149. Costco was 79.99 a few weeks ago. the upside to Costco as far as i can tell is the taxed price is lower than VZW and you can take it home that day. (no shipping)

Ram4Sam

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
free? i was in target last weekend and it was the same price as VZW store.. $149. Costco was 79.99 a few weeks ago. the upside to Costco as far as i can tell is the taxed price is lower than VZW and you can take it home that day. (no shipping)

Costco is down to $29 here in so cal.

Sam

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
ok just checked Target.com.. crazy free.

edit: they do have my plan. oof. but is the insurance/protection something i should check or will my Asuron ins stay the same or what?

kinda freaked never bought a phone over the web before. I've always gone to the VZW store. and really free? no taxes on $500 like at VZW?

Last edited:

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I may try doing it in-store, but the web page says it's an online price only. I just want to make sure I'm not missing some obvious reason that Target is a bad idea. The old saying about if it's too good to be true keeps bouncing around in my head.

i just told my girlfriend and the first thing she said was "nothing is free"

so seriously no hidden charges or hang ups other than the 6 month thing?

AD0791

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I ordered it today. Hopefully it works out as planned. Can't beat free for a DInc2!!

*edited to fix typo

Last edited:

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
The thing with purchases in stores like Target and amazon is that they really don't get that much money from you. It's Verizon that's paying these stores to sell them. That's why its so low. Also after getting your phone you can still change things around with your contract by calling VZW customer service. The added my insurance on my contract when my old phones insurance wasn't compatible. Plus VZW cs is #1 for a reason

Reactions: kirksucks

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what your trying to say. My only hesitation I think now is::

If I select no protection on target.com; 1) will my current insurance carry over? 2) if it doesn't will adding it later violate Targets TOS?

how will this effect the other lines on my family share plan?

If I call 611 today and ask them these questions will they be able to answer them even tho its a question about a 3rd party dealer?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
OK so I just ordered it from target.com. I chose not to get their protection plan and add asurion from verizon later. (water damage is NOT covered on the target plan, from my understanding, it is covered from asurion)

also, I'm wondering if my employer discount will still be in effect for the monthly charges.

thanks for the tip guys, I cant believe I'm finally getting a droid. I wonder if it will ship with Gingerbread?

:):D:p

AD0791

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It would be a serious bummer to lose the employer discount, so I hope that's not the case. I would be better off to pay $99 at VZW than lose my discount for the next 2 years!! But I really doubt the discounts are affected.

Phone shipped today and should be here Tuesday. I just really hope the Fedex guy doesn't show up during the hour I'll be gone that morning!!

hachiroku13954

May 13, 2011
Visit site
i work for Walmart and i have an employers discount and i bought my Dinc2 from Amazon. employers discount is not effected. like i said before, once you get your phone, CALL vzw customer service to change any part of your contract like insurance, data plan, minutes, etc. like i stated before if anyone bother to read, Target, Walmart, Amazon, Costco are all authorized sellers. VZW actually pays those stores to sell the phones as most of the money they get is from monthly bills, NOT the phone price.

Reactions: kirksucks

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
once you get your phone, CALL vzw customer service to change any part of your contract like insurance, data plan, minutes, etc.

just make sure you dont lower your minutes or texts on your plan because this is a violation of (at least) Target's terms from how i understood it. I was mostly worried about adding Insurance after the fact and getting screwed by Target

also good to know about the discount continuing. thanks.

Robinson_78

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
You are actually ordering it via wirefly as thats who target,walmart etc are linked thru. I ordered mine last friday, got it by wednesday. real seamless except for the 50 dollar target gift card i was supposed to get that i didnt, got a ticket in with them to get it.

I wasnt the primary line so i paid 79.99, no tax no shipping.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Costco had it for $25 here last week. Free is a good thing - I have never bought from Target so you may want to read the fine print to see if there are any restrictions beyond the 6 months.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
To those who've bought from target.com, how was the activation process? It says to not call verizon. Should be waiting for me when I get home!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753