Change the camera button?

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
This probably isn't possible as of now, but does anyone know of a way to make the camera button open the camera when the screen is off or the phone is locked? Also is there a way to make the delay of opening the camera shorter? I'm rooted if it helps.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
May not be the answer you are looking for, but if you drop the camera icon into the circle it loads up very fast bypassing the unlock step.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure if you search around over on XDA you might find a way. There's a certain file that you can modify to remap your buttons (I don't know what it is because I've never had cause to do so). Maybe search on "button remap" or something similar.

I, for one, am glad you can't open the camera with the camera button when the screen is off and the phone is locked. If it could, I would take a picture of the inside of my pocket just about every time I pulled my phone out. :p

Reactions: Pew446

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I'll look around. Also I see your point. Maybe just from the lock screen then. Also I knew about the icon, Geezerb, I just like my camera button. It would also free up a space for another app.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582