Charge port problems afraid of being charged by VZ

hyrulejedi86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
So my wife's droid 4 has been acting up starting about 2 months ago. The phone wouldn't charge when plugged in unless you slightly lifted the usb plug while it was plugged in. This was a pain but led to wrapping the cord around the phone to get it to charge. Eventually that quit working reliably so a cord change was in order, we found the Amazon basics cord worked very well. While after that the port started getting loose enough that it began moving in and out when you plugged it in and unplugged it again. Right around that time it nearly quit charging all together. Took it into Verizon yesterday and they suggested sending it in for a warranty replacement as I have paid for the extra warranty as well as the $100 deductible for any user damage. The phone got here today and I'm sending the old one back tomorrow but I'm concerned they are going to say it is undue wear and tear even though it really isn't, she's never dropped it and isn't rough with it. We don't have any kids to play with them or pets to chew on them. I just wondered if anyone had any similar experiences and were or weren't charged for the replacement. I'm hoping if they do try and charge me I can call and tell them to use the warranty instead but I promise you I will not be paying $600 for a refurbished phone either way.

Thoughts?

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I think that this kind of problem shouldn't be considered normal wear and tear. I don't think you'll have a problem.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
To this day, I've never had any phones USB port go bad. If I've had charging problems, it's usually the charger or the battery, never the port. Then again, my experience with phones can differ from other users.

I have no idea what gun that is. I found it for my Steam avatar and decided to use it here.

hyrulejedi86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I think the cord was part of the problem but the port just kept getting worse. They say they only warranty normal wear and tear so that's what makes me nervous.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards