[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus CRACKFLASHERS | SECRET LAIR ;-)

Multiple choice is the worst. In law exams particularly.

I don't use mp3 sites, used to torrent but not so much anymore. Mostly I download mix tapes which are free on hip hop sites.

Lately been listening to the young roddy tape good sense. Roddys a currensy, fly society, jets affiliate.

Reactions: oxymoron

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I used to use uTorrent, but in the past few years I've developed a moral conflict with it... so I just don't anymore.

And ever since Apple changed their drm management and tried to make me pay a fee for each track (that I already paid for once) to convert it to the new... I turned my back to Apple. Plus, I don't want their big fat software on my computer.

I'll have a look at some of the mp3 sites that I googled, I guess.

*customized tapatalk signature*

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

IMG_20120507_101539.jpg

IMG_20120507_102002.jpg

Just played around with the ONE-X. Its a pretty nice phone. The styling is a big upgrade from the TB and the Rezound. Nice and slim. If the screen is better like Phil says, its only by VERY little. I thought they were about equal.
The sensified ICS is nicely done. Better than the gs3's touchwiz. But once you on aosp the skinned stuff is not desirable.
It has capacitive buttons. Gimme softkeys ANYDAY.
The themeing is not bad, but like that dialer pic above, how can you live with that when we have themed apps galore.
We still have THE BEST PHONE. :D

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Looks like a really nice phone. How heavy is it?

I still have no real desire to upgrade. On my last two phones i checked info on new devices every day. Now if i think about it at all, it's whether verizon will get the next nexus. :)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Looks like a really nice phone. How heavy is it?

I still have no real desire to upgrade. On my last two phones i checked info on new devices every day. Now if i think about it at all, it's whether verizon will get the next nexus. :)

Slightly lighter than the gn. I have the oem extended though. With stock battery I think its a wash.

Oh believe me, there is NO reason to "upgrade" to this. If upgrade is what you wanna call it.
But it IS thin, light and has that slight curvature we have. Its a trait we will likely see more of as with the gs3.

SUPER huge reason not to get it is it's just starting out on its development life. I doubt it will get the dev following we get. GN is starting to get real juicy nowadays. :D

Reactions: zero neck

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Slightly lighter than the gn. I have the oem extended though. With stock battery I think its a wash.

Oh believe me, there is NO reason to "upgrade" to this. If upgrade is what you wanna call it.
But it IS thin, light and has that slight curvature we have. Its a trait we will likely see more of as with the gs3.

SUPER huge reason not to get it is it's just starting out on its development life. I doubt it will get the dev following we get. GN is starting to get real juicy nowadays. :D

Word. It's a nice looking device tho. ATT version is not getting the unlockable bootloader thru HTC right? pretty sure i read that on the front page.
Havent seen if there is a method for unlocking it the old fashioned way ... :)

hopefullywithout shorting out wires! gtfo that's crazy.

One thing tho - Gotta love that new sense clock.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Figured that I would pop in here to see whats up since I have been flashing quite a bit lately :p. I got a general question about flashing new roms and kernels that I get kinda mixed answers on... I know Google says that you don't need to do it but do you really need to calibrate your battery every time you flash a new ROM? Seems to me just to be a chore after flashing ROMs frequently.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Morning all...that test was...meh. A paper, probably terrible on the multiple choice. FML.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Figured that I would pop in here to see whats up since I have been flashing quite a bit lately :p. I got a general question about flashing new roms and kernels that I get kinda mixed answers on... I know Google says that you don't need to do it but do you really need to calibrate your battery every time you flash a new ROM? Seems to me just to be a chore after flashing ROMs frequently.

Nah, calibrating (the old, delete battery stats method at least) got thrown out the window and nobody recommends it any more. If anything, after flashing stuff just know it will take 2-3 power cycles to calibrate on its own.. meaning full charge and then use until it gets sort of low, but don't stress it too much overall :)

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

finally went ahead and flashed aokp m5 last night looks very good... i always add a 4th nav button (search) and long pres to voice well thats not working and i dont see voice search in my app draw when i look for it on the market it says its installed but i cant find it lol and cant open it from the app store.. any ideas?

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

o yeah and way out of school here but hope all you guys are doing good.. i actually work for a school dist and am loving the end of the yr..:)

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

finally went ahead and flashed aokp m5 last night looks very good... i always add a 4th nav button (search) and long pres to voice well thats not working and i dont see voice search in my app draw when i look for it on the market it says its installed but i cant find it lol and cant open it from the app store.. any ideas?

I prefer 3 buttons > Back, Home, Search > hold home for recents, hold search for voice.. and actually also can no longer set voice search like that, lol. Not a big deal but no idea why :/

Reactions: mclarryjr

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

I just looked to add voice on mine too and it wouldn't show up and I'm not sure why, so I'm using vlingo.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: steveinil

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

I prefer 3 buttons > Back, Home, Search > hold home for recents, hold search for voice.. and actually also can no longer set voice search like that, lol. Not a big deal but no idea why :/

ok glad to see its not just me.. lol i like the recent opened apps use it a lot but the long press for voice i do miss.. o well..

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

I've been flashing since my wee days of android and have NEVER calibrated the battery on any of my devices. So I'd say no. My 2 pennies.

Dropped from LiquidNexus1.35 via Xparent Tapatalk2

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

ok glad to see its not just me.. lol i like the recent opened apps use it a lot but the long press for voice i do miss.. o well..

for voice search i have nova set up so that swipe up = voice.

although i like what 2def's got going on with the three buttons, long press home for recents.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

for voice search i have nova set up so that swipe up = voice.

although i like what 2def's got going on with the three buttons, long press home for recents.

i always forget about the nova gesture things never even tried setting them up.. but i have the free version havent taken the plunge yet lol

and yeah may do that for the recents too hummm all the options..:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter