[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus CRACKFLASHERS | SECRET LAIR ;-)

Have you chosen one yet? Or get some choices narrowed down?
I probably do like oxy does and change out often. Got a few lined up for the future. :)

im collecting some avatar options. pretty much been reading 8-10 hrs a day for tests, and i won't be done till about the 21st.

it's gonna be a rough week or two more, but then im done for a while so hopefully i'll make it thru.

anyway - still gonna poll it i think haha :) Gotta get it down to some finalists and take it from there

Reactions: davey11

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

@zero

Isn't it like 3:30 am where ur at? And you still posting lol

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

So after my girlfriend (also a GNex owner) saw my ROM and kernel combo that gives me great battery life she kept bugging me to do the same thing for her phone. So I unlocked, rooted and flashed everything on here phone (Liquid 1.35, franco Kernel and 4.0.4 radios) and she loves it but one thing is bothering me which maybe someone could point out...

After I did everything, went nice and smooth but I can't flash a new version of recovery using CWM app while in Android. I can boot into recovery and flash recovery files that way but I can flash new recoveries using the actual app. Any reason why this would be happening?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

So after my girlfriend (also a GNex owner) saw my ROM and kernel combo that gives me great battery life she kept bugging me to do the same thing for her phone. So I unlocked, rooted and flashed everything on here phone (Liquid 1.35, franco Kernel and 4.0.4 radios) and she loves it but one thing is bothering me which maybe someone could point out...

After I did everything, went nice and smooth but I can't flash a new version of recovery using CWM app while in Android. I can boot into recovery and flash recovery files that way but I can flash new recoveries using the actual app. Any reason why this would be happening?

Not quite clear what you're saying.. by CWM app I'm assuming you mean Piece of Garbage Noobie Tool...erm.. I mean.... ROM Manager, right? You don't need that app for anything and it causes more harm and deadening of brain cells than its worth (end mini rant)....

If you want to flash a new recovery... which I want to say I only recommend official CWM recoveries, such as CWM Touch 5.8.0.2 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47300967/recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-toro.img)... Set up adb and fastboot on your computer if you haven't already, boot phone into bootloader and plug it in. Put the file above (or any recovery) in fastboot folder, open command window there, and enter:

fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

Simple as that :)

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Not quite clear what you're saying.. by CWM app I'm assuming you mean Piece of Garbage Noobie Tool...erm.. I mean.... ROM Manager, right? You don't need that app for anything and it causes more harm and deadening of brain cells than its worth (end mini rant)....

If you want to flash a new recovery... which I want to say I only recommend official CWM recoveries, such as CWM Touch 5.8.0.2 (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47300967/recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-toro.img)... Set up adb and fastboot on your computer if you haven't already, boot phone into bootloader and plug it in. Put the file above (or any recovery) in fastboot folder, open command window there, and enter:

fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img

Simple as that :)

Sounds good, that usually what I do on my nexus but as long as I know that its not something that happened during the root process makes me feel better lol. I didn't think that it would be a problem since everything else was working fine and recovery was unaffected.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I just feel asleep for five hours. Gotta start studying like pronto :)

Got done with my finals this morning (I know it barely counts.. Only taking A & P and lab lol, but still 3 finals between the 2.. How does that work??)... Ran through a list of errands by 5 and been drinking since then.. Not to rub it in, just drunk and happy is all :D

Would wish my studying brethren luck but yall don't need it, you're all smart enough ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: zero neck

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I have been reading in here about finals and all those fun things and I can sympathize with you lol. I just graduated in January and now sitting for my CPA exam which is mentally killing me but hey... gotta do what you gotta do. Passed 2 parts, part 3 end of month and now I have to start the final reviewing process today/tomorrow... god damn Galaxy Nexus why must you keep my from study and keep making me tweak you!!!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I have been reading in here about finals and all those fun things and I can sympathize with you lol. I just graduated in January and now sitting for my CPA exam which is mentally killing me but hey... gotta do what you gotta do. Passed 2 parts, part 3 end of month and now I have to start the final reviewing process today/tomorrow... god damn Galaxy Nexus why must you keep my from study and keep making me tweak you!!!

Ahhh the CPA..lol. I passed 1 part and just got so busy with work that I never even had time to study and schedule the others, LOL.. but to be fair I also had it pretty deep in my mind before long that I didn't want to do accounting anyways. So yeah, back in school now... yay me :/
Lol.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Ahhh the CPA..lol. I passed 1 part and just got so busy with work that I never even had time to study and schedule the others, LOL.. but to be fair I also had it pretty deep in my mind before long that I didn't want to do accounting anyways. So yeah, back in school now... yay me :/
Lol.

I wish I had work to consume my time, I don't have to start at my firm until the end of Nov so I have a long way to go and might as well bang out the CPA while I have the spare time lol.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I wish I had work to consume my time, I don't have to start at my firm until the end of Nov so I have a long way to go and might as well bang out the CPA while I have the spare time lol.

Word that's good.. good that you have a job lined up and that you're gonna use the time to bang out the CPA. After I graduated and took the first part I was kind of lazily preparing for the 2nd and looking for work when I got placed by a temp agency doing internal auditing, after that I just never had the time to keep up studying. But like I said I absolutely hated accounting, lol.

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Word that's good.. good that you have a job lined up and that you're gonna use the time to bang out the CPA. After I graduated and took the first part I was kind of lazily preparing for the 2nd and looking for work when I got placed by a temp agency doing internal auditing, after that I just never had the time to keep up studying. But like I said I absolutely hated accounting, lol.

Accounting is kind of one of the subjects where you love it or hate it. Rarely do you have someone that is indifferent to it. Personally I love it, especially auditing but then again probably has something to do with the blood. Both parents, my aunt and uncle, and my other aunt are all CPAs... I was doomed from the start!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Accounting is kind of one of the subjects where you love it or hate it. Rarely do you have someone that is indifferent to it. Personally I love it, especially auditing but then again probably has something to do with the blood. Both parents, my aunt and uncle, and my other aunt are all CPAs... I was doomed from the start!

Doomed being the operative word....LOL.

Hey, if you like it then do you. Through college I was convinced that nobody, besides one or 2 professors, actually liked accounting... but plenty people did it haha. Guess there are some out there who like the stuff :)

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
School. Meh.

I was a complete slacker after high school. I just wanted to surf/skate so I lived at the beach for a while. No real residency, just kind of crashed where I could. My dreads were less of a statement of style, than the consequence of salt water not getting washed out of my hair frequently. Good times.

Came home, did a few different random jobs for a while, then fell into a factory position. Operated machinery, then they offered me a mechanic position, became lead mechanic, then they offered me to help the electrical engineer build control panels, then offered me the apprenticeship, and now I'm the head of the electrical department. Pretty cool, I suppose. I make them do most of the grungy work, while I design control panels and write programs.

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I'm 38.

Next time you buy a pack of "curiously strong mints", think of me. I programmed the machines that make those tins. Quite a few other brands I'm not allowed to speak of as well.

I thought I would be a photographer or musician when I grew up. My slacker lifestyle didn't exactly pan out. Life's pretty good though... my chick really digs me, and I have the coolest little 4yr old dude in the world :D

Plus... I still surf, skate, and skim whenever I can.

I have no idea why I just posted all that personal information, but there you go :what:

*customized tapatalk signature*

Reactions: 2defmouze

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

School. Meh.

I was a complete slacker after high school. I just wanted to surf/skate so I lived at the beach for a while. No real residency, just kind of crashed where I could. My dreads were less of a statement of style, than the consequence of salt water not getting washed out of my hair frequently. Good times.

Came home, did a few different random jobs for a while, then fell into a factory position. Operated machinery, then they offered me a mechanic position, became lead mechanic, then they offered me to help the electrical engineer build control panels, then offered me the apprenticeship, and now I'm the head of the electrical department. Pretty cool, I suppose. I make them do most of the grungy work, while I design control panels and write programs.

I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I'm 38.

Next time you buy a pack of "curiously strong mints", think of me. I programmed the machines that make those tins. Quite a few other brands I'm not allowed to speak of as well.

I thought I would be a photographer or musician when I grew up. My slacker lifestyle didn't exactly pan out. Life's pretty good though... my chick really digs me, and I have the coolest little 4yr old dude in the world :D

Plus... I still surf, skate, and skim whenever I can.

I have no idea why I just posted all that personal information, but there you go :what:

*customized tapatalk signature*

Haha well I enjoyed that story very much... good for you man.. natty dread lifestyle turned successful electrical engineer / programmer... lol that's nuts... who the hell needs schooling?? :)

Reactions: oxymoron