[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Ok so i have One question, for those of you with nexus 7s:
After several months I can't figure out wtf to do with this thing. What interesting or awesome purpose can I put this to?
It literally sits on my desk and I surf the web occasionally and play risk like twice a month.

Its not just nexus. I can find no truly good use for a tablet whatsoever. Is it me?

Help

- - - Updated - - -

After several months I can't figure out wtf to do with this thing. What interesting or awesome purpose can I put this to?
It literally sits on my desk and I surf the web occasionally and play risk like twice a month.

Its not just nexus. I can find no truly good use for a tablet whatsoever. Is it me?

Help

Excellent welcome back elusive double post.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

I don't think it's just you. Some people just don't / can't naturally integrate a tablet into their digital life. Their phone and PC is enough, and they don't feel there is a gap that needs to be filled in between those two.

I'd love to have one because it is the most affordable option for a high-end Android device at the moment. If I had my dream phone (Note 2) a tablet would just sit around and collect dust for the most part.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Help

- - - Updated - - -

Help

These are some of the reasons why I don't own a Nexus 7 tablet, and instead use Windows 8 devices. My post a while back outlines some of the reasons why. I can be legitimately productive while using them, while on an Android-powered tablet I cannot be (with the exception of Gmail). Android is very good as a media usage/consumption platform, especially for tablets, but so is Windows 8. It's when you look beyond this media consumption that Android falls considerably behind Windows 8.

My final data usage for the first thirty days of hotspot usage is 148GB. ;) Also, this.

uc

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Help

- - - Updated - - -

Help

Excellent welcome back elusive double post.

I have one bad Asus home comp, but it sits back in my room. I like to play games and browse some networks. As for imperative to have? Idk, in class I put my lecture notes on it while the other kids flip paper. The most useful reason for me is streaming Internet radio to blue tooth speaker. Yeah, I like my Nexus 7. There, I said it.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Now that the festivities have subsided......[video]http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=8600f7534c0088ea32780070d5258fc2&loc=http%3A%2F%2Frootzwiki.com%2Ftopic%2F36342-42-vzw-nexus%2Fpage__st__20&v=1&libid=1352970844141&out=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FQuDXOh&ref=http%3A%2F%2Frootzwiki.com%2Ftopic%2F36342-42-vzw-nexus%2Fpage__st__10&title=4.2%20VZW%20nexus%20-%20Galaxy%20Nexus%20-%20RootzWiki%20-%20Page%203&txt=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FQuDXOh&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13529710508064[/video]

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh btw check the hits on that link above.........55,537,336 hot dam woooo

Link wouldn't work for me. G-nex 4.2 something something?

Did see an almost functional toro build over there though... but I'll wait for a completely functional one.

Edit: oh yeah, good morning residents

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Morning fellas..

Zero, I also have pretty much no use for my Nexus 7. It's ok for browsing when I'm home and playing a few games here and there but most of the time it just sits there collecting dust, lol. Oh well, glad I'm not the only one :)