Chrome for ICS

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
FYI...after heavy usage it crashed 3 times last night, resulting in 3 reboots and one SOD w/ a batt pull necessary. Needless to say, I uninstalled, wiped cache/dalvik, and put browser back in its place.

Disappointing. It might be another conflict/issue, but on the third try I used my phone for an hour after the reboot before I opened chrome, tried to load a site, and boom. :-\

firebirdfrank

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Loving it so far but having a weird issue where I keep getting the Sync: Password required notification and every time I try to put in my password it says it's incorrect. And on top of that, when I go to the App's settings pane, it says I'm already logged in. I'm away from home and haven't logged in to Chrome on my computer yet since I added the Android App - could it be this sync error is related to it trying to pull in the open tabs from my computer which is not turned on?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Loving it so far but having a weird issue where I keep getting the Sync: Password required notification and every time I try to put in my password it says it's incorrect. And on top of that, when I go to the App's settings pane, it says I'm already logged in. I'm away from home and haven't logged in to Chrome on my computer yet since I added the Android App - could it be this sync error is related to it trying to pull in the open tabs from my computer which is not turned on?

After I reinstalled it today it made me log in to my account everytime I booted it. I uninstalled (again), reinstalled, and that fixed the issue. Wipe its cache/data or reinstall.

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Well, I'm definitely keeping it for one reason above all - predictive text works! That's one thing that pissed me off about the stock browser - filling in a window like this reply box sticks me with a dumb keyboard in the stock browser. Just tested Chrome in a few places and the predictive text works just like it's supposed to.

Excellent. Now if only Google would fix this for the Docs app and the freakin search bar.

eps

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I found a serious deficiency. With stock browser I can pinch to zoom text then double tap to redraw the column with the new zoomed text. With Chrome, when I double tap it zooms back out making the text smaller and thus defeating the purpose. This makes the browser unusable.

any workaround?

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I had to update chrome on my pc before sync open tabs would work. You have to enable sync tabs in your pc browser before it will work. My older pc chrome browser did not have the option. showed up after update

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jackrv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I have never installed flash on a mobile device, so that is a non issue for me. That said, it has been my default browser since release and no complaints. My biggest use are tabs, and this blows dolphin HD out of the water.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
For me each time I use it, I seem to learn something new. Personally, I love how the tabs are set up and organized. Even the variety of ways to switch between the tabs.

Daniel0418

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay I have found an issue with this browser that really bothers me. Every time I return to it after doing somethign else the pages need to refresh. It doesn't save any of them for w/e reason. It is really frustrating actually. Sometimes it will even be like going to send a text msg, locking the phone, then turning the browser back on and it has to refresh.

NorCalStorm

Oct 31, 2009
www.twitter.com
Its called a beta meaning its not finished yet. So people shouldnt complain when you find something that doesnt work. Thays the whole point of a beta. So they find out what needs to be fixed. It works very well for being a beta. Beats other browsers that are finished products.
I downloaded the Chrome Beta for my Galaxy Nexus. Can someone explain why FLASH doesn't work on Google's browser on Google's current Premium phone? I've been using Opera Mobile and gee, flash works great on that. Come on Google, get your FLASH together for those sites that still use it.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Once Chrome for Android comes out of beta, is it going to become the stock browser in future Nexus phones?

Don't know. I think all any of us can do is make assumptions. That is unless Google has made any public statements to either affirm, or deny the above.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Someone on the Rezound forums said they don't want the ics update because they don't want chrome and they want flash.

I set them straight :rolleyes:

NorCalStorm

Oct 31, 2009
www.twitter.com
Chrome will probably be the stock browser. And flash will be incorporated into it for surw on its qay out of beta. I mean thats Androids competitive advantage over the iphone so i doubt they will give that up