Chrome on Nexus 4 Awesome or not...

shahali

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have the latest chrome. It mentions improvements in speed and specifically "pinch to zoom". However i still notice that it only registers pinch to zoom at about 2cm apart and over. I thought it was hardware but actually on firefox, Google maps etc it responds much much closer. I like Chrome but some of the features on Dolphin and the otehrs are pretty good. If pinch to zoom was perfected then i'd take all the others off.

Has everyone else noticed this. In which case what the heck was the improvement in pinch to zoom...? Seems just the same as before really.

Anyone else experience...?

Thanks

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have the latest chrome. It mentions improvements in speed and specifically "pinch to zoom". However i still notice that it only registers pinch to zoom at about 2cm apart and over. I thought it was hardware but actually on firefox, Google maps etc it responds much much closer. I like Chrome but some of the features on Dolphin and the otehrs are pretty good. If pinch to zoom was perfected then i'd take all the others off.

Has everyone else noticed this. In which case what the heck was the improvement in pinch to zoom...? Seems just the same as before really.

Thanks

I gave Chrome an honest shot and went right back to Dolphin.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Thanks

This is what keeps me coming back to Firefox,

Reader Mode: Automatically transform cluttered articles and stories into beautiful, easy-to-read pages right in your browser.

Once you transform the webpage into reader mode, you can save the page like a book page for future reading, share it and more.

schemula

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Does not seem awesome in the early going.

Biggest issue I seem to have is clicking from say Google Reader on a link that should open in Chrome and it goes to the page, but, never really seems to download anything or even try. Clicking the x and reload does not usually seem to work either.

May run with firefox for a while.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i am never using anything other than chrome. it got a lot better since last updates and i am sure it will improve just like the pc version.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm a fan of chrome. It took a little getting used to but now I feel right at home. I love the synced bookmarks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I was an avid dolphin user but I'm enjoying the chrome beta app now. I actually uninstalled dolphin! I like the syncing and integration into the google ecosystem with Chrome

Last edited:

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Chrome on Android has always been rock solid for me. I wish i could set it to auto-close tabs after, you know, a day of not looking at them, but other than that I've never encountered a problem with it.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I am not on nexus 4 but am confused. I signed up for the chrome beta so i get updates for that. now I am getting updates for regular chrome, and chrome beta. I thought the beta was over, so what is going on? both work well on Gnex and Nexus 7 tab.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I am not on nexus 4 but am confused. I signed up for the chrome beta so i get updates for that. now I am getting updates for regular chrome, and chrome beta. I thought the beta was over, so what is going on? both work well on Gnex and Nexus 7 tab.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Because Chrome development hasn't stopped.

joshtrader

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
idk why but chrome on my nexus 4 running stock 4.2.2 seems to lag real bad when scrolling, even on the simplest plain text site it lags extremely bad. Running latest chrome update

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
idk why but chrome on my nexus 4 running stock 4.2.2 seems to lag real bad when scrolling, even on the simplest plain text site it lags extremely bad. Running latest chrome update

Are you running a ton of apps in the background? How much RAM is available? This doesn't happen to me.

joshtrader

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
i end and close all my apps after use
usually get 1.4 gb ram free while chroming and 9 gb free storage
dont know why it lags horribly

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm fine with Chrome both on my nexus 4 and on my home and work PCs. Any timer I try other browsers I can like a feature or two but I keep coming back to Chrome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nusaka